• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60l Kitchen tank

Cheers Tim. Same as running co2 24/7 but its just not doing anything. I'm getting good growth but I'm spending Sunday pretty much every week cleaning. I'm going to move it to the lounge it's darker up there. I really want to get it back on track. Another learning curve I suppose. Shame it looks good in the kitchen.

i have moved the tank up into the office which as been a bit annoying but its finally here. When i was adding some water it mixed a bit of the black aqua soil in with the ada sand. So what do i do? Im thinking of taking out the sand out and putting aqua soil there instead and maybe trying to surround the island bit in hc? what do you think?

Here's a picture of the tank with a bit of water back in. I'm starting to think that the black aqua soil would look quite nice. Especially if I can get the hc to grow as it might look quite good growing over the rocks.
naverequ.jpg

My mate moved his tank from lounge (very little natural light) to kitchen extension and tank immediately became an "algae farm" due to now being near very large patio doors and getting hit by sunlight in the evenings. Moved tank to other side of extension where the tank no longer gets direct sunlight and algae problem went away.

Looking nice mate!
thanks mate, obviously im a bit more critically and think it looks a bit pants. Im going to trim the moss right back once that looks green it should make a masive difference.
My mate moved his tank from lounge (very little natural light) to kitchen extension
cheers ian well hopefully i should be ok then because it was a nightmare in my kitchen. It was an battle i wasnt winning. once i get a new fe on tuesday hopefully ill turn it around.
Did you make the cabinet and what eheim are you running?
Thanks dude. I made the cabinet very badly but it does the trick. i had all the wood cut at b&q and had to get it back on my scooter! i sand on the lot and was about a foot above the seat:) the filter is an eheim professional 3 with built in heater. I actually cant remember the flow rate but have a feeling its about 1200?

any thoughts anyone on getting rid of the sand and planting hc around the island bit?

I have removed all the ada sand and have put ADA aqua soil in and think it looks quite smart. I think it will look good with HC growing around it, thats if i manage to get it growing well?.

As you can imagine it made a right mess and there is dust all in the moss so ive trimmed it as far back is i can but there is still one rock on the right that needs re-doing. Ill have to wait for the existing moss to grow. I have a pot of dwarf hair grass which i may plant in the back corners and add a few wisps here and there.

ive also put my eheim pipes back on i didnt like the smaller lily pipes as i think the flow went down quite a bit. I dont really want to add a power head if i can avoid it so im blocking off one of the lights and co2 will be high. This may take longer to grow but i dont want anymore algae.

I have hooked up c02 yet as im waiting for a new bottle to turn up. Will my blyxa japonica melt if it wasnt hooked up till wednesday. Lights will be OFF.

ill upload a pic when the water has cleared.

Reactions: tim
Back