• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where can I get Chocolate Gourami's??

B7fec

Hi All,

Have been looking for a while now for some Chocolate Gourami's, has anyone got any idea where I can get them from in Wales or online? I have spoke to my local LFS and they seem to be going nowhere fast! Any suggestions? :)

Cheers Ben

SteveUK said:
The Green Machine (Wrexham) had some in on Saturday. A1Matt bought 6 I think, so not sure if they had any left after that... Might be worth a PM to him :)
no.matt was greedy and cleaned them out :lol: .

Greedy Matt!! :lol:

Yeah knew TGM had them but its a 3 and a half hour drive on a good day, I saw them there last time I visted.

Ben

nelson said:
B7fec said:
Greedy Matt!! :lol:
Ben
yeah,i think andyh was thinking the same :lol: .

I bloody was!!! Was going to add some to my existing shoal and that evil matt bough them all!:twisted: :lol: :lol:

MA sell them regularly round our way though.

I have an MA an hours drive from me however they only seem to have the more normal stuff, Guppies, Neons, etc....

Cheers Nelson, have looked there and they only have 1 in stock which I would really like to get 3 or 4

I really struggle to get a good supply of fish from any of my LFS, :( So online shops is my only real source.

Would that be the one in Pontardullais?

Or in Wyvale in Llansamlet.

If you want to have the best range of fish to choose from in wales i would highly recommend MH in Cardiff if you would like we could arrange some kind of meet up as i travel up every now and then from Neath so if you like you could jump in with me for the last 40 odd miles :)

Sam.

Glad you got them :thumbup:

The 7 I got from TGM are doing well. Sorry to everyone else! If it is any consolation I was looking for the little beggars for months (2 or 3) before finding them.

They are worth the hunting.
Quite beautiful.
Although my 100 Brigittae are now all in hiding. Fingers crossed they come out again...

Cheers Steve. I had insomnia so I got a good book out and drip acclimatised them until 7am!!!

You coming over to check them out then?

April 24th. Midday: http://www.lfkc.co.uk/index.php?topic=351.0

I hope so, I set the start time for the meet a little later to give you time to make it down without getting up at silly o'clock. :thumbup: No pressure though!

Hi Matt,

Glad to hear your Gouramis are doing well, that was a mamoth drip acclimatisation!! You should post a tutorial on it!! I've been on the look out for around the same time as I took a trip to TGM and saw them there, however I wasn't ready for them then. Anyway I,m over the moon that I have got some coming, Neil's link was just the job!

P.S Shrimps doing well Matt! :thumbup: and posted the spray bar today

Tell me about it, you see them, then it takes a couple of months to get your parameters slowly but surely right, then you can not find the little buggers for sale again!!

Not much too the drip method really... check out the last post (as of today) in the journal in my sig for details :)

The time was overkill, I suspect the only time you need to take it slowly is if there is a noticeable difference in TDS. e.g. say 800ppm (non water changed tank), to 100ppm (blackwater tank with RO).

I'd heard about the gouramies being real sensitive to water changes from several different people so erred on the side of caution.

Better safe than sorry mate, going to do similar with mine when they arrive however maybe not for the 8 or so hours! :lol:

Back