• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia sedoides

Henry

Has anyone encountered this plant in the aquarium trade? I came across it on the internet and couldn't believe it was real. Very unusual.

I put some in my greenhouse pond. It looked good for the summer, but didn't like the winter, whether it was the temp drop or lower light level I don't know. If I try it again I will bring it indoors for the winter. When I bought it, it was very cheap so well worth trying.

By the sounds of things, I get the impression its massive. I saw pictures on google and could hardly believe it was real. I think I might recommend my brother tries it in his pond over the summer.

Hi - L. Sedoides is really not that difficult to grow, but it also really doesn't like "travelling" (being posted around the world :(), which is prb. why we don't see it so often. Does spread quite readily, though, when established.
Tends to cast a heavy shadow, but well worth a try :thumbup:
Mick.

I think it's a truly striking plant. it needs a lot of light, heat and ferts. I am unsure as to why it's so seldom imported. It is definitely brittle, to survive I think it needs to be in an inflated bag or a rigid plastic packaging (doesn't seem impossible to me)
Does anybody know where I can buy it from? I think the correct spelling is "sedioides"

Back