• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID please!

lurch1000

Looking to identify the plant in this video the A.dichromum is hanging on to. Want to get it for my 54l project.

Thanks!

The leaves look terrestrial to me, like it has been submerged or fallen in - they look too tough for most aquatics. Although it's not from the right continent maybe Anubias might be the closest match? Or thick leaved species of cryptocoryne or amazon sword?

I second Ed - sorry, but that is surely an overhanging branch. Knowing it's Venezuela, most likely Anonas sp. or Guava sp. Both small trees often overhanging Amazonian streems.

Hmm, that answers many other questions then! You'd not believe how helpful that is! :)

I guess that means I can't have any then. Next question would be for Venezuelan plants that can tolerate fast flowing, low light and acidic water!

To be honest, there are really not much true underwater-vegetation in these seasona-flooded waters.......
I think you'd be better off trying some Echinodorus type - at least they're authentic S.A. Ech. bleheri is quite tolerant of low-ish light conditions, but may not like it as acidic as you want!
Mick.

Seems somebody knows where I may be heading with this :)

The fish in the video is commonly found in acidic blackwater, but still require vegetation. Also found in more moderate clearer waters, but always in areas with fast flow.

Got a spare E.cordifolius, how are they in lower light. Shouldn't be too dark in there. Tube will be around 1W/g, and the water may look like medium tea. Tank is only 12" deep though.

*Lol* If it's a spare anyway, why not give it a try? E. Cordifolius will, however, surely grow out of the water quite soon:(......but then again; if it's a spare...........;)

Well, the spare I found by accident. It must have been another plant I didn't notice when I put the main one in the 4'. I was rooting by it the other day, and discovered it! Bonus! Main plant is growing more bushy than upwards...

Back