• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Ebi Suggestions

mafoo

Hey all

I recently bought a Fluval Ebi for rather cheap and i was wonder what planting suggestions people had for plants and hardscape.

I think I'm going to try and have the substrate sloped - going to see what MAs in west london have in stock. Not sure if i should go for soil or get some really fine black gravel. Fluorite and Aqua soil are so damn expensive. And I've heard some bad things about the JBL Manado etc. Im also concerned that the lightness of those soils might make retaining the hard scape a royal pain.

I was thinking of moving my Neon Green Rasboras into it and buy some blue pearl shrimp once the parameters have stabilised.

Anyone got any ideas for planting?

flora base is good stuff mate plants will be very happy in it are you going to run co2 on this or liquid carbn or low tech ?
I still havent decided. Ive got a custom CO2 reactor+diffuser i took out my shrimp tank that i might put in there to help the plants establish - but i might kill it once I add the livestock.

Ive put 2 bits of driftwood in that I've tied some bobilis difformis shoots from a plant in my main tank to and some fiss. fontamus to the top of.

Still not sure what plants Im going to put in. Im thinking keeping it vaguely low tech in the long run.

low tech is low stress in my book :) look like alright little tanks these though. do you think you could dry start a moss wall on the background that comes with these tanks ?

No, they are shockingly styrofoam as i discovered today :eek:

And its a bit lat for a dry start ( /me looks at the 30L cube of coffee)

Reactions: tim
Back