• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Looks fantastic now George, cant believe how quickly it has filled in to what now looks like a complete finished scape....Awesome!
Your new stem additions at the rear have grown at an astonishing rate, the moss is looking great and the addition of the hc in the foreground highlights tones of the lighter greens of your rear stems, a subtle but nice touch.
This picture is a perfect advert for modern planted aquaria imo :clap: Now all we need to invent is wireless lighting units!

Only 2 month... wow. Great plant health George.
The initial algae issue when you filled the tank disappeared quikly. Thougth the moss will have problems for a longer time, but it wasn't the case.
Now the moss looks awesome really and the scape too.

This is probably the 2nd fav from you now. Iwagumi was the all-time, but this looks also natural and something else than you did before. Pretty one!

Are those red rili shrimp? They also look like RCS but they have some clear patches...
Not sure. I've had Rili shrimp but the banding was a lot more prominent. My guess is that this is a product of Rili and an RCS breeding at some point, maybe a few generations ago. The only shrimp I've added to this tank were 40 juveniles from a local hobbyist about 8 weeks ago, and he didn't own any Rili shrimp, as far as I know.

Maybe I've inadvertently bred my own line of shrimp. I'm going to call it Neocaridina sp. "Georgio Farmani". :lol:

Tank looks absolutely stunning!

I know you probably have stated this somewhere already, but what filter are you using?
Thank you. :)

I'm using a Fluval G3 with Seachem Purigen in the chemical media cartridge and gUSH 12mm nano glassware, and 12mm clear hose.

The Fluval G filters have received a lot of criticism but I've never had an issue and love them for their ease of maintenance. I also find the temperature and conductivity read-outs and histograms useful.

Hi all,

I did a big pruning session yesterday evening. Chopped back all of the plants, even the mosses. I was quite brutal actually. Followed up with a glassware and hose clean, and big water change.

Unfortunately my fire extinguisher CO2 also run out and I've no spare, so I've rigged up a Tropica nano kit with JBL solenoid. I really like the Tropica diffuser with the built-in non-return valve and bubble counter. The ceramic disc produces a very fine mist equally from the surface and is easily removable for cleaning. It appears to be the same as the Fluval disc.

I'm running 2 BPS and hope it is ample to prevent any plant health or algae issues. The flow from the gUSH outlet picks up the mist really well and virtually no micro bubbles hit the water surface. I left it on over night and the drop checker is reading a decent lime green, with shrimp and fish active, so fingers crossed. I will probably get around to switching back to the FE and inline diffuser this weekend.

8613109701_4bed3c9143_o.jpg
insitu post prune 2 months by George Farmer, on Flickr

8613110053_3d8aed345e_o.jpg
tropica CO2 by George Farmer, on Flickr

8614218242_c00e355d48_o.jpg
tropica CO2 insitu by George Farmer, on Flickr

George,

Your tank is an inspiration to us all. What you've done in two months is awesome.
I wish you good luck in IAPLC 2013. Certainly a great entry!

Pedro.

What a beauty. I will be using youghurt method with same plants but not blended together in next scape also after such a great result. Plus hairgrass carpet blended with hydrocotyle japan. What a great easy plant hairgrass is.
Tropica set looks cool, pity they cannot do bigger bottles due to regulations though.
Good luck in IAPLC, I have a feeling it will be strong entry.

Back