• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External Filter for 30L Cube

mafoo

I've got myself a 30L Fluval ebi.

Its a nice tank (yay glass) but the stock filter defiantly makes a racket - and takes up precious space.

Im thinking of either getting a Boyu EF-05 or using the Eheim Classic 2213 that i have coming tomorrow that i bought because i really couldn't turn it down for £30. :angelic: The 2213 might be a bit overkill.

It would also be nice to be able to keep the lid on the tank as I'm sure the Neon green rasboras i plan on stocking the tank with occasionally jump.

Anyone got any thoughts?

2213 - Big filter...turn it down and let the media do its stuf. NGR - got a flock of 20 and they never jump...but I do have a lid!

Microdevario Kubotai ?
You'll need a lid IME.Mine have spent more time out of the water than in it :banghead:

Microdevario Kubotai ?
You'll need a lid IME.Mine have spent more time out of the water than in it :banghead:

hehe, yeh they are darty littly buggers. Not at bad as my ottos tho who i can hear bouncing off the lid in my big tank all the time.

I saw some Clown Kilifish today. I almost bought them on the spot. Then restrained myself. I suppose i could always put the NGRs in the 130L with all the other rasporas and make that a species tank :wideyed:

Finding good plants is proving to be a pain in the blahblahblahblah atm. All the maiden head aquatics I've been to have terrible stock. Half of the plants they have in their tanks aren't even true aquatics. And lets not mention Pets at Home. Tropica really should blacklist them from their client list - mouldy rotten stumps in pots.

Anyhoo - i digress.

30cm square sheets of 3mm acrylic are £5 inc postage on ebay - so i might go for one of them and cut it to size.

Do you have a Dobbies near you? If so they keep their Tropica plants in not too bad conditions and price them at £4.00 or 3 for £10. That is where I get most of my plants. I think they also do bunched plants for 3 for £6! Bargain!;)

Do you have a Dobbies near you? If so they keep their Tropica plants in not too bad conditions and price them at £4.00 or 3 for £10. That is where I get most of my plants. I think they also do bunched plants for 3 for £6! Bargain!;)
Nope, I'm in west london so its Maidenhead Aquatics or eBay for plants.

Back