• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Diffuser?

It's this one made by Aquamedic you need. Comes in all the sizes you could ever want.
tpiece.tiff

Works a treat. There's a thread somewhere here about why CO2 in the filter is actually fine for bacteria - think Clive opined with wisdom as usual.

Just make sure you have a couple of no-return valves on the co2 hose :lol:

You got that right! I've got one just by this T-piece, one just in front of the bubble counter and one just beyond it. Call me paranoid, but they're only cheap if you order off ebay and not having my tank empty into the CO2 canister!

If I were to use a reactor in my larger 425 litre tank that uses two external filters would I be able to come from the regulator, through the bubble counter and check valve and then into a Y piece to split the Co2 and then through Two T pieces to send it through both external filters for better distribution through the tank?

My external filters on the 425 litre tank are only a max of 800 litres per hour so total of 1600 so only turning the tank over of a maximum of less than 4 times an hour (3.76 to be precise) and that's assuming 100% efficiency of the pump.

That looks like the same design as the one I am replacing. Only replacing it as I am wanting to keep the "kit" I remove whole.

Very good as much as mine didn't work ..... Grrr the'0' ring failed instantly and it was leaking co2 from the top nut , so no co2 from the ceramic :/ , still have the diffuser if someone wants to buy it for spares , I'm sure the ceramic is fine ,
Maybe needs a new gasket .
Got my cash bk and gone with a gla bazooka ,
See how that goes ,

I am trying out an inline reactor from Co2 Supermarket on my larger tank:

1AD6B72C-D683-4DE5-B5F0-D065918A1F4F-436-000001017A38C2C4.jpg

No idea how efficient it is but I can't see any bubbles coming out of the spray bar so it might be mixing them pretty well.

Slightly noisier with Co2 going through it mind you but its liveable.

Back