• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

eBay lily pipes

I bought some from Hong Kong and they were useless. They completely reduced the flow from the filter to a dribble so don't get the cheapest pair available. Had to revert back to the green Eheim pipes :(

Pipe bending spring + paint stripper gun. How to guide somewhere in my 259 journal pretty early on. Ridiculously easy.
Awesome, Ive ordered myself a spring.

Im not sure what wall thickness eheim use on their 12mm diameter pipework to fit 12/16 hose. Ive trie measuring it with the crappy pastic ruler i have and it seems to be thicker than 1mm but the internal diameter seems closer to 10mm :crazy: I've found a plastics place near here that im gona give a call tomorrow. The prospect of being rid of ugly green pipes is so exciting. <squeal>

If anyone wants, here's a link to Mike's post on making custom acrylic pipework:

259L bookcase - 'LED light switchover' | Page 3 | UK Aquatic Plant Society

There is some acrylic inflow outflow and spray bar pipes on eBay they look really good quality and cost only £6 + postage. I already order one inflow so will let u know how good they are. And i will add link to auction on eBay when i will back from work.

Should be ok as less than £15.00, the RM £8.00 charge if you have to pay duty is a joke.
I have successfully claimed a charge back from HMRC when a seller in the US declared the retail price on the customs declaration and not the ebay price I paid so he could cover himself had the item got lost, unfortunately couldn't get the RM charge back :mad:

Just order some with at least 12mm internal diameter - the hose will stretch loads so wall thickness not that much of an issue if slightly out.
After looking arround a bit, i think the eheim ones use 13mm with a 1.5mm wall. Ive ordered an 8mm bending spring. Finding the acrylic is proving harder then i thought :'(

I don't really want to pay £10 postage for a £3 item :( Its tempting to order 10m of it and make a load and try and sell em on ebay :confused:

Pricey for a bit of clear tube. You've really gotta want it to pay that.

Depends if you know anywhere cheaper.:D

The narrowest point of your whole loop is what restricts the flow.

The bend around the spring will narrow to the diameter of the spring, so you're effectively risking cutting your flow massively if you go from 12mm to 8mm diameter.

I've always used pipe with an internal diameter of 12 for 16/12 Eheim and 16 for 22/16 Eheim.

only downside i can see with these custom lily pipes is the holes on the inlets aren't really shrimplet compatible.
You can get stainless mesh filters that slip over the end of the intake to prevent sucking out live stock. Work well on mine, no longer finding shrimp in my canister. Wouldn't mind having acrylic spray bar and pipes in my 30 gall. Two items that would be massive sellers in this game is a lily pipe with a 90 turn on the outlets neck so you can fetch them in from the back but point across the tank and an in line heater that isn't the size of a bungalow. My credit card is waiting.
I also found using soft tubing is a big help just dip the join in hot water and they come off no problem.

Back