• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue jelly island :-) journal finished

Hi mate:wave:
That's a nice scape you've got there. I really like the hardscape! Although, I was wondering when I saw that you had bought some shrimp, is that not a bit too short for cycling period?
Cheers

Reactions: tim
@ fish fodder thanks mate, yep only 12 liters, I do seem to have a knack with the dimensions of this tank need to transfer that to my bigger tanks :)
@ manrock, cheers mate, ill drop a heater in if the temp drops below 20c, I've kept a few unheated shrimp tanks now with no issues other than a drop off in breeding in winter.

Hi mate:wave:
That's a nice scape you've got there. I really like the hardscape! Although, I was wondering when I saw that you had bought some shrimp, is that not a bit too short for cycling period?
Cheers
Hey james, glad you like the layout, shrimp should be ok the substrate under the island is from an existing tank so should contain bacteria, and the filter is full of pre cycled media plus daily water changes should see off any issues.

A couple of shrimp pics
8601260486_0443d22cf2.jpg

8600164053_aa20eae289.jpg

This one below still has a little red on her head as I have read these were bred from rilli shrimp so I would say these four not top quality but still I like them :)
8600162729_befc19f891.jpg

Tim which LFS did you go to.They look lovely.Check out my new post in the invert section;)

Cheers
Martin

Hi folks, not much happening with this one, shrimp have settled in nicely so far, plants are confusing me especially hc in 5 days I was expecting it to melt but so far no melt in fact it looks healthier than the hc in my high tech tank will try and post a couple of pics later.will be ordering more shrimp for this next week.

couple of pics
8614536296_c8285ed79b.jpg

filter in/outflow made from acrylic these filters are fairly good for small tanks but i found the tubing would collapse creating airlocks acrylic solved that problem
had its first trim today was literally 1 strand of hc :lol: really bugging me how the plants are doing low tech compared to my high tech tank where plants can melt on the sight of the planting tweezers, no carbon source and ferts once a week is all i will do with this tank i'm tempted to see how the hc does long term. fissidens geppi on order to cover the stone at the front.
fts
8613453959_c307286a3b.jpg

cheers for looking folks :)

Great use of wood, and where is the mini canister from with the acrylic lilly pipes.

Tim, looking really clean and sharp mate. Loving those acrylic pipes :)

Cheers
Martin

Great use of wood, and where is the mini canister from with the acrylic lilly pipes.
hey gill thanks mate. the filter is from allpond solutions its a renamed boyu i think. acrylic pipes are diy 9/12 mm with heat gun to make the bends then a small off cut from 12/16mm acrylic so i could use the 12 mm gush shrimp guard couldnt find a 9 mm one anywhere.

Really like this Tim, it all works well together.
That rock in the centre fits better after the adjustment, its showing more texture to it now.
Looking forward to more pics later :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Come on. Get those pictures on mate. We need to see the blue jellies :)
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Really like this Tim, it all works well together.
That rock in the centre fits better after the adjustment, its showing more texture to it now.
Looking forward to more pics later :)
Cheerio,
Ady.
Thanks ady, the rock you mentioned was indeed flat, more texture turned round, appreciate your input :)

Great little setup, Tim! :)

Watching with interest...
Thanks George, I'm considering removing a couple of pieces of wood to try the yoghurt moss method you showcased in your latest journal.

Few pics,
8624748393_4306960c0b.jpg

Fissidens geppi pearling after waterchange not used superglue to attach moss before so ill see how the moss does.
Hc sending out a runner I would imagine this is doing ok at the moment due to regular waterchanges so ill see how it does when they become less frequent
8625852550_d3595694d7.jpg

Shrimp have been quite shy so far and not the most prominent coloration
8625854236_e6fc3a126d.jpg

8600159689_e42d02ba66.jpg

And a full tank shot to finish
8624743849_a3ce01f7e8.jpg

I still have a few more plants to order and I'm trying to make up my mind on shrimp more jellies or maybe some red tiger shrimp ?
Thanks for looking :)

Looking very clean and tidy mate. Is that the peacock moss on the mesh at the back ?

Cheers
Martin

Back