• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ickle one 14l Nano

lil-lynx

Hello

After sometime without a tank , iv recently found a cheap superfish IQ13 , being only 14l (Which includes the rear built in filter) so I have roughly 10L to play with. This will be a challenge !

Specs
Tank - 275 x 223 x 295mm (LxWxH)
Substrate - Akadama double red line
Lighting - One 11w CF and 4 strips of white LEDs
Fert - NPK and Trace
Co2 - DIY at about 2bps with easycarbo (500ml should last ages!)
Filter - 200LPH powerhead with carbon , sponge pads , filter floss and ceramics
Plants - Peacock moss , Stargrass , hydrocotyle sp.japan , Alternanthera reineckii (I think) , Crypyovoryne wendii , Twisted vallis , and an unknow plant maybe Hydrocotyle verticillata
Fish - celestial pearl danios
Inverts - CRS , Golden bee (If I can find them)

With the lighting im able to have 2 strips of leds or 4 (all) stips of leds on and also the 11w cf.
Also the drop checker is turning green which is always a good sign :)

Photos will be added soon !

With LEDs its hard to work out my WPG (I know its different in nanos) but to the eye I don't think their bright enough . . . . Maybe im just light crazy !
My drop checker has turned a green / yellow, my DIY co2 is giving. . . . 2BPS !! for how long im not sure.

Does anybody know if white bee shrimp will breed with CRS if so produce what ? . . . .

Photos to be added tomorrow :)

You can find out if two different shrimp will cross breed by looking at their scientific names. If they are both Caridina, which I reckon they might be, then they will crossbreed. But if the first part of their scientific names are different they won't. I don't know what they would produce if they did cross breed though...:)

Back