• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yeast reactor goo

mafoo

The weirdest thing happened to the mix in of of my DIY yeast reactors, it turned into GOO! And very viscous goo at that.

I've never seen this happen before - I'm guessing its some kind of protein soup from the yeast.

When you add the packet of yeast it multiplies and exhausts itself consuming the sugar. The stuff in the bottom is mostly spent. There will be some live yeast amongst it and it can be cultivated to do the job again. But that's to much hassle for your requirements.

When you add the packet of yeast it multiplies and exhausts itself consuming the sugar. The stuff in the bottom is mostly spent. There will be some live yeast amongst it and it can be cultivated to do the job again. But that's to much hassle for your requirements.
Thats what normally happens yellow yeast culture at the bottom, booze on the top - this time the boozy stuff on the top is a thick slimey goo. Its quite funny, you can see the CO2 bubbles moving through it at about 1 inch every minute.

Back