• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Female fishkeepers and aquascapers...

Many apologies, did not mean to offend, just an honest comment. Its just in general, and very broadly speaking, women seem to have to juggle more things than men in their everyday lives, and their free time is occupied with other things.

However, I think I may have just talked myself out of an argument...as if their free time is occupied with other things, then they are choosing to do those other things instead of taking up this hobby..

I do understand what you mean, but in my own personal experience I have not found that to apply.
By that I mean for example, when I see my parents my mother does a lot of the housework, but my father works a lot longer hours so neither one nor the other has more spare time.
That is a view of an older generation however, but my experience with my generation is the same. Me and my girlfriend have exactly the same time table in regards to study, however she prefers to study nutrition and fashion in her spare time and I prefer to play with fish tanks and my other hobbies.
Forget I ever said anything.

(and can you please elaborate on what you mean that sexism works two ways please?)

I only meant that, just as men can be sexist to women, women can be sexist to men.

:)

Back