• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suitable catfish for 4 foot planted tank

MikeG747

Hi,

I am doing a bit of research on what fish to stock my tank with when I re-scape.
The tank is 120 X 50 X 50 and will likely house 6 baby angels, at least a pair of a small gourami species, arched corys, sterbei corys and some ottos.

I would quite like to get a single or pair of very nice small catfish. I have seen some very pretty whiptail catfish but was wondering whether they would be suitable tank mates. Does anyone have any suggestions of what would work well with the suggested stocking?

Thanks all

Mike

Whiptails are lovely....much better than plecs in my humble opinion. Trouble is, they're quite shy and nocturnal. I like Hoplo cats (Hoplosternum thoracatum) but they can be a bit of a tank and flagtail or porthole cats (Dienema longibarbus) are nice too.

Which gourami species? If they too small will get bullied by the angels

Another thing to remember that whiptails can be slow to get to the food compared to corys so ensure they get enough food

It may look a bit boring with just angels as the focal point, they look regal but not that active, I'd have a large shoaling species such as rainbows or some of the larger tetras and you will always need a clean up crew, ottos will be angel food once angels are full size so then there's flying fox as an alternative

Just my own opinion :)

Back