• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My new 2,4m tank. watch this space!

RynoParsons

so this weekend my 2,4m tank is being moved to my new house, will be high tech planted tank.
Dimensions 2400x60x70.
user1007_pic351_1282828388_zps024ab1da.jpg

Nothing quite like the impact of a massive, densely planted tank. What do you have in mind plants/fish wise?

fish wise 50 ottos, 150 cherry barbs and 100 celebis rainbows o yes and 50 pigmy corry cats

A group of Cherry Barbs that big will be awesome! They're such feisty little buggers, it'll be very entertaining :)

yeah cant wait. tank is being delivered on Saturday. but it will be stripped and rebuilt completely.

Sounds amazing. Would really like a planted tank that size one day. Please share some pics. Really interested how you move/ install a tank that size! Will be following this. Good luck on Sat.

overflow is going to get taken out. and also have a very very good tank builder who is going to rebuild it with black silicone and just neaten the tank over all

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like a major job. Have black silicone on my 5 footer and really like it. Where are you based? I might be looking for a good tank builder in the future.

Based in south africa pretoria hehe. Its a major job cleaning it. Must be cleaned before saturday!

Thought you'd be from SA, judging by the no. plate on the Clio behind you. I've contemplated doing a scape to capture the Table Mountains but never had a tank nor the space big enough to do it. Have you thought of what style planted scape you are going for? Interested & watching, good luck.

Yep have a big piece of wood that has a big arch. Will try and make 2 big islands wait flourite and let the wood arch from one to another. Moss on the weed some Ug at the front of the islands. The rest will be fine silica sand. Back of the islands lush growth with stem planrs. Also have 2 huge java ferns. So will see

yep i hope it will turn out good. will have to see
patience is the problem. i dont have any.

Will only be done in 3weeks unfortunately. Can only work over weekends when i have time

Back