• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mangrove Forest - 245L Brackish Riparium

I got a few plant specimen shots while putting this thing back together.

Here's the Acrostichum leather fern.

21-I-13-Acrostichum-danaefolium-I-m.jpg

A couple more plant specimen shots.

The impressive root system of Laguncularia white mangrove

21-I-13-Laguncularia-racemosa-I-m.jpg

The stilt roots of Pandanus tectorius.

21-I-13-Pandanus-tectorius-I-m.jpg

I got a quick snapshot to show the fish selection in here. You can see the Poecilia latipinna, Fundulus confluentus and Cyprinodon variegatus. The Jordanella floridae are shy and they hide whenever I go near the tank.

23-I-13-fish-I-m.jpg

I really like these C. variegatus.

23-I-13-fish-II-m.jpg

Here's another new update. I'm trying to get some better pictures for a magazine article about this tank.

3-VI-13-tank-I-m1.jpg

Thanks you guys!

That Pandanus tectorius is one of my favorite plants. And it's perfect for a brackish mangrove setup.

Here's one of the quick shots that I got last week. I really like the plants in here a lot, especially the Pandanus.

10-VI-13-tank-I-m.jpg

Can you please sow me how you affixed the plants in the back? I really want to do this with my dwarf puffer tank.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Can you please sow me how you affixed the plants in the back? I really want to do this with my dwarf puffer tank.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The plants are all plnted in riparium hanging planters.

Hi all,
Is there a particular brand or type you would recommend?
Hydrophyte is the seller of "Riparium Supplies" planters in the USA. <Tank Planters | Riparium Supply>.
Unfortunately I think he still doesn't have a UK re-seller? Making postage fairly expensive. <Have you seen the latest design from Riparium Supply? | UK Aquatic Plant Society>

I've tried with some cheap clear plastic "shower basket" from Ebay , they worked OK, but the suckers are hopeless. Neodymium magnets, or a hook over the tank side, would be better.

cheers Darrel

Thanks loads for that. I was looking at the Duzzit kitchen tidy thingies and might upgrade the suckers or just try the supplied ones at first. It would be my first foray into this.

Back