• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

10l Summer experiment

Tom

Feeling a bit left out at uni having nothing alive in my room but me and bedbugs, so now I'm home for a couple of months I couldn't resist making something. Got a small bit of lava rock and a few plants from work, and came up with this. Glued all the plants on a couple of weeks ago and all is well so far. Maintenance is nice and easy - lift it out and change the water :)

I'd like to change the gravel to something lighter like an ADA Forest Sand, but budget only permitted what was in my shed!

I'm off to Thailand from early June to August, so I didn't want anything too difficult!

8663506920_9a2f2e5132.jpg

Tom

Nice one Tom.:) I really like the simplicity of it. Both in terms of the aquascape & maintanence part of it. Is that hygrophila pinnafitida at the left background? Could you be kind enough to give us the plant list please? Is it co2 / liquid carbon dosed?

Thanks guys,

Faizal - Yes it is :) There's Anubias nana, Staurogyne and an unknown Echinodorus in the middle. There's no Excel in this, just CO2. I don't know the injection rate as 1: I was too lazy to dig out the bubble counter, and 2: I tend to get caught up when technical details are involved, so it's probably better to do it by sight!

Plants are still recovering at the moment and some bits are melting away (mostly I suspect due to superglue!), but new roots and leaves are coming through quickly :) The Sword is probably the quickest growing so far.

Tom

Cheers Tom,:) I didn't know you could glue staurogynes & the hygrophila pinnafitida to rocks. Lovely tank & looking forward to more pictures of it. On a slightly off topic,..have a nice time in Thailand.:) Food is great & spicy!!! You should not miss out on Tom Yam dishes if you like spicy food. Just for safety sake,..you should pack a bottle of Gaviscon Advance:lol:

Back