• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Project name - Forest

viktorlantos

Aquascaper
Cheers guys, i am sorry that i was not that active nowadays. Too much going on and as i am posting all over the net i thougth everyone is full with my spams ;)

Well i changed my mind and thought i share one of my latest tank in our gallery.

Everything started with this 240L tank. As IAPLC competition shots was done we kept the tank going for a few months but you can't keep a super dense stem tank forever ;) So it was time to rescape it to something else....

7182556060_3d8609b977_c.jpg

This time we removed everything including the soil. This worked well on our last 2 setups but as we planned some sandy scape we had to remove it.

This was the start. The idea was that to create a mossy scape with lot of sand. Pretty minimalistic view

7944609252_e73b064bd3_c.jpg

Weeping moss is fixed with riccia line

7944610864_ba59f055bc_c.jpg

We had a lot of Microsorum Needle from the earlier tank so i thougth i put them in

7944612676_b00d2d8608_c.jpg

I was not happy at next day so i removed the microsorum (was too large here).
Added in some bolbitis and we changed the bit the scape. Since the base was there there was an idea to do some tree trunk scape, but not the typical one. We added in a couple wood pieces and also filled in the background with some beaty stem plants from the past tank plus some new one...... that's about the minimal mossy tank eh? :lol:

Well the changes helped on the final form. Which looks like this one week after planting

7988304611_baebff0e0e_c.jpg

I also made a quick vid as we had the background up there and the lights so it was not that much extra. Oh on these shots i am using the 6x54W ATI fixture above and 4x54W Aqua Medic from the back ;)

I will keep posted later to show how this progress. This is for 2013 IAPLC so we have some time to grow ;)
Thanks for watching guys :thumbup:

Thank you Viktor. This thread has just reminded me why I joined UKAPS. Absolutely fantastic.

easerthegeezer said:
You guys just keep producing stunning tanks, very nice viktor.
Could you post some running stats... tank dimensions, filters, co2, running lights etc..

Dont think anyone gets bored of your 'spamming' viktor!!

Thank you :D

Sure the specs are:

120x45x45 Optiwhite tank - 240L
Light: ATI Sunpower 6x54W - currently runing 4x54W in 7hrs a day
Filtration: 2 x Eheim 2075 filter (2500lph on total) so kind of 10xturnover
The glass pipes keep more CO2 in the tank
CO2: Pressurized, AM1000 CO2 external reactor hooked to one of the Eheim unit
Fertilizers: ADA series or EI (our own fert line). This is a fresh running tank and we started with ADA
Plants: Weeping Moss, Bolbitis Difformis, Bolbitis Heudelotii, Fissidens, Rotala SP. Green, Rotala Rotundifolia, Rotala Indica, Limnophila Sessiflora
Fishes: Paracheirodon simulans, Corydoras pygmaeus, Caridina multidentata

Antipofish said:
Thank you Viktor. This thread has just reminded me why I joined UKAPS. Absolutely fantastic.

Thank you for you too :D
Well the good thing about this hobby is we get inspired from many places. For example the creative redesign i've seen at Amano before many times, but George Farmer's tank makes me think that i should try. Since then i've did that a couple times. :thumbup:
Mark Evans put the scaping and photography skills to high that i felt chicken before :lol: It's good because you're pushing harder as you see you not met with the limits yet.
But i've seen so many good tanks here and knowledge/experience sharing in the past few years that i know, i would not be here without that. That's why i am posting back also sometimes our tanks. If this is inspirational to someone or we learn something from it it's already worth it. :thumbup:

Thanks guys. ;)

Is this the one blurred out in your Flickr stream? Looks great.

Cheers Mike, nope this project is not hidden. The one you seen blured is a new idea that's why we not shared til the IAPLC. That's a Sedona scape :)

This one is still growing to have the final moment for shooting. I guess need a week or 2 to make it. Here is a bit ealrier shot. Unfortinatelly i missed the moment around these days so had too do another trimming on the stems.

8582037855_dbacdb25bf_b.jpg
Green Aqua Showroom by viktorlantos, on Flickr

Amazing it feels so natural and the path does not seem to end around the corner
Very good composition, I can only dream of such an aquarium at home:)

Amazing it feels so natural and the path does not seem to end around the corner
Very good composition, I can only dream of such an aquarium at home:)

Thank you :) You can do this. Sometimes it is easier to do a similar one if you see the phases. I do not have problem making a copy on any tank if that is good enough. Sometimes even if you do a similar one you will learn a lot meanwhile you're building it. Nice experience. :)

Hi Victor, this tank kick ass. In my opinion, it would be nice with a bit more wood in the rocks, to seem like roots. ;)

we have a few small iron wood pieces. will check if i can use any of them without being too much :thumbup:

Can I ask for a photo wallpaper for my screen:photogenic:

Please feel free to use any. I usually have all the photos in 1600 pixel width on flickr. Will have a better capture shortly that might work better as a wallpaper :)

Looks like we will try to capture the tank this week for IAPLC. To have the rotalas in the best form we switched on all 6 tubes for the following days. So now 6x54W from the ATI sunpower. ....I had to take my sunprotector with me to the shop tomorrow ;)

Wow that's amazing one my favourite ever scapes.

Do you think the rotala at the back might be slightly too clean cut to score really highly at IAPLC?

Back