• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Green&Grey" (300l) - Last day video

Awesome tank what ferts are you using? EI? Planning to go for dry salts cause premixed are 90% aqua and you pay for nothing:p What do you think?

I forgot to update with the sunday trim session :)
Trimmed just HM... maybe i could've trimmed a little more...

Two days before trimming:
gg-day27-0.jpg

Sunday, after trim:
gg-day29-0.jpg

Looking great Pedro....i think you should get an inline heater though ;) :D

The aquarium looks superb. I stood in front of the screen and looked in your aquarium. The group rocks to the left and front are arranged in two horizontal lines. Or is the solution to enhance substrate from slipping or accidental. Arranged in lines makes me think that they are made ​​by man and not by nature.Have you considered turning them at an angle to make it look more three-dimensional composition

Ady, everyone keeps saying that :D:D I think that a couple more weeks and it's out of there. Wheater inPortugal is finally becoming sunny. At winter time i'll think about Hydor 300w but i still have to look for the loss of flow. Anyone with suggestions?

Anasarka, i understand perfectly but the bottom line is less straight. Let's see if, with the growing, it will be more natural.

This week update:

HM reacted very well to the trimming of last week.
Yesterday photo:

gg-day36-0.jpg

Eight days ago it was like this (trim day):

gg-day29-0.jpg

And now FINALLY new fish :)
92 Tetra Ember (Hyphessobrycon amandae)
Here it is a first photo. Not great but tey are still very small (<1 cm) and their colors are still preatty washed out.
I hope that in 3 months their color turns more redish.

gg-day36-1.jpg

Pedro.

Thanks Paulo.
Following photos are better to see how small they still are - well, they're 1 cm and will be 2 cm :)
(gave them food to spread around)

gg-day37-2.jpg

gg-day37-1.jpg

Hi Pedro,
why 92? :)
taking shape nicely, almost due another trim already :what:Cheerio,
Ady.

No, i ordered 100 and my shop only made an order of these fish for me but they were only 92.
zero deaths... that was pretty good (well... in 4 days... let's see what happens next days).

Thanks George. High-energy? :) Yes, HM is growing like crazy...

Pedro.

Lovely scape, I've tried to grow HM, but no where near as lush as yours... Any tips on that plant? Also if you want to colour your tetras in, then try feeding bloodworm regularly. Someone i know swears by it, but then again it also depends on the heritage of the breed stock from where these were raised. Yours don't look to bad, rather decent colour

Thanks for the tips. I still haven't done that but i'll start giving them bloodworm.
I'm using plenty of CO2, 156w of T5 light (4200+6500+8000+10000) and Brighty K / Step 3. No Macros yet (using ada power sand).... and HM is growing nicely (too much nicely)

And now another little movie (~3m) with an overall of the tank and some otto fish and amano&crs shrimp. This is footage taken on the day of the HM trim (14.04.2013) so there is no tetras in there :)
Only no i had the time to do the video.

Next: Almost 100 tetras ember entering the tank ;)

PS: Maybe i'll get expelled from here some day for too much pictures and videos :angelic:

Back