• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arc 20L Nano tank, Couple of queries

durtydurty

Okay, just bought one of these beauties for keeping a dwarf puffer or shrimps. ( still cant decide )

It has a internal filter etc with a spray bar attachment, Do I need to use the spray bar attachment? or is it okay just pushing the water out into the tank randomly

Im guessing you cycle it like you would any tank but on a smaller scale?

You may find the little internal inadequate to be honest. I had an Aquacube and replaced the filter with a HOB. To be honest that wasn't really good enough and will use an old Fluval 203 if I set it up again.

aaronnorth said:
what Ed is trying to say is in planted tanks we usually use a high turnover of about 10x to push the CO2 and nutrietns around the tank effectively and there will be no dead spots or detrius build up which lessens the chance of algae.

Yes that's it exactly, but the filter also needs to be over-rated to convert any ammonia produced by fish, dead plants etc. to nitrate as soon as possible as this is a major trigger of algae.

I may not go for heavily planted just a few plants and moss to keep the shrimp occupied, kinda low maintainence

Its for my bedside table so dont have the room for lots of externals and extra bits.

As you've got the internal give it a go and see what happens! You can always change it if you're not happy with it! :D

The internal is fairly flimsy and moving it last night I managed to spray the wall with water.....Which was nice.

The light electric lead is really long but the filter one is alot shorter which causes problems, the design in my mind wasnt overly well thought out.

Just got to find some plants now which I can use in there.

Back