• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Have I got this right?

fish fodder

Hi,
I've been trying to get my head around EI, some say it's a pain others say it's easy as pie so in simplified terms is it a case of buying a starter kit from a sponsor, mixing it up as per instructions, dosing to the relevant size tank everyday and big water changes at the end of the week?

surely it depends on the amount of plants in the tank???

surely it depends on the amount of plants in the tank???
not really, in theory EI will always over supply nutrients to heavy plant mass under huge lighting, its pretty rare to see a nutrient deficiency when using EI but thats not to say it doesnt happen.
The whole idea of EI is to make life easy, once it's running as long as you dose correctly and do WC's then you shouldnt have to worry about dry nutrients.... Which is what makes it such a good system so you have plenty of time to worry about the more tricky bits like co2, flow and distribution which are the cause of 99% of issues.

Are all fish uneffected using EI, I just started using it and it turned my water milky so i half dose it now and water is still not 100%.. The only thing different to the recomended is is i change 11 ltr per night from a 140 ltr tank instead of 50% weekly..

Back