• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini L Reskape the Tree

No mate it is in the soil. But as I can see the roots already are attached to the wood thwmselves:) It grows like a weed cant manage to trimm:D

Hi, guys
Pretty bad news:( After the second week my tank turn into desert.......The inline heater broke and the fishes get electrocuted:arghh: thanks God I wasnt electrocuted. only 2 survivors from the boraras nothing else. The HC was first tom start melting I have done some tests and NO3 /PO4 was zero:eek: . Start dosing straight away Easy Life ferts......so far I have been used just Pro Fito and Kalium- Potassium which in my old tank was enough. I did not suspect that the low number of fishes can not provide the required levels of waste and NO3/PO4. May be I lost the HC carpet but surprisingly HG still growing well under low nutritients. I still dont know how to dose Nitro and Fosfo can someone HELP please. Do I need Fero as well? The HC shows some new Green leaves so fingers crosed. I am thinkind of dosing one day macros the other day micros and on waterchange to reset some kalium potassium....what do u think? My other tank was pretty low light low tech I was dosing once a week...so I prove myself that have to learm more. Syrprisingly no algae bloom just very few black algae on the wood. How to avoid algae bloom shall I keep N:p ratio 10:1 or 16:1 as Easy Life recommends. I read that N should be ar 10-20ppm and P 1-2ppm is that true? Cannot calculate the exact amount of N and P as on the pack says for nitro " 10ml will rise NO3 with 2ppm in 500l aquaria but what about using RO water???? My tank is 30l so to get 10ppm will dose 2ml approx... daily probably cause the plants will pull alot as well. Can I use EI method with liquid ferts ....it is about overdosing right? ...but in correct ratio so no deficiency and no algae as well? And reseting the fert sytem on waterchange once a week.??? Any thoughts and HELP will be highly appriciated ...cause I am still learning about the water chemistry. Thanks in advance. Here some pics:(
SDC15178.JPG

BTW lost the riccardia as well :mad: was very lysh syrprisingly. The only good thing is my intake shield which is DIY:) and add a background stems next to the left rock and an ugly internal heater:mad:
From this...
SDC15112.JPG

To this :(....
SDC15173.JPG
SDC15176.JPG
SDC15175.JPG

That is some real bad luck as you had worked hard and been patient and it was looking great.As to ferts whats wrong with EI dosing,simple and good value for money.Cheers mark

Hi, no posts lately but here you go. I have got couple of issues with the tank and reskape a bit but temporary. After my holiday will tear it down and skape something more original.:) I can not achive the right balance wich I suggest is dificult in the nano tanks. Got my hands on some Manzi Wood from T. Barr. Thanks to Greg from Aquatic design centre. Big thanks Greg! Here are the pics which I am not very happy with......:(
SDC15187.JPG
SDC15188.JPG
SDC15182.JPG
SDC15179.JPG

Hi ,here is a little update. things are fixing slowly but surely. The tank suffer from several types of algae but......nothing seriusly.
SDC15201.JPG
SDC15204.JPG
SDC15205.JPG
SDC15206.JPG
SDC15207.JPG
SDC15208.JPG
SDC15214.JPG

SDC15195.JPG
SDC15196.JPG

Need to get rid of the ugly heater. Any guggestions? I have Hydor 200w but I think is too powerfull for such a tiny tank. Thinking to introduce some otos to controll algae. The Boraras colour nicely I think cause been fed with microworms and brine shrimp.
Thanks for looking.

Since my inline heater got broken too and boiled some of the fishes I switched it to an Aquael heater even though it's black it's slim and small enough to fit nicely.
Regarding the EL dosing use the EI article here on UKAPS.
The tank looks nice, you need to give it a trim though. :)

Cheers,
Mike

Back