• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's Shrimp Pile - Planted

sounds good steve, id skip the easy carbo for a shrimp tank and just keep it simple. I only dose my bee tank on waterchange day with 2ml TPN+ and all seems well, for now at least.
Seems that EC reduces breeding which is never a good thing, however ady seems to have a nice balance with ferts , EC and shrimp. No shortage of life in that tank!

Which layout did you go for ?

Sort of similar to the first layout, but I'd like to think better :)

sounds good steve, id skip the easy carbo for a shrimp tank and just keep it simple. I only dose my bee tank on waterchange day with 2ml TPN+ and all seems well, for now at least.
Seems that EC reduces breeding which is never a good thing, however ady seems to have a nice balance with ferts , EC and shrimp. No shortage of life in that tank!

Good to know. I'll perhaps dose EC a couple of times in the initial stages and stop before I stock the tank. 2ml TPN+ sounds like a plan also!

Bare in mind, the wood to the right is floating out of position... (Phone photo)

8693560924_43ffcfd9f4_b.jpg

Bare in mind, the wood to the right is floating out of position... (Phone photo)

8693560924_43ffcfd9f4_b.jpg

Really like that mate, i don't know how you lot make it look so simple! Think this will look really nice once its grown in. Are you adding more plants? Does it really need the other piece of wood?

Its pretty crowded in there, from a wood perspective. The floating piece will eventually be arched down to the substrate. I'm thinking about some staurogyne at the rear right. There a steel mesh with some creeping moss back there though.

As for up front, its not as deep as it perhaps looks. The two mesh pieces are Taiwan moss left and coral pelia right. I'm going to grow them on and plant them elsewhere. Hopefully the hydro will creep and cover the front but there will be catappa leaves in there for the shrimp at some point too :)

Can anyone who's used 1-2 grow Staurogyne suggest how many pots to buy? I think I'd need to cover an area of about 10cm x 4cm max. 2 pots?

I would say 2 yes, I bought one pot and was very surprised at how much you get in them. Had about 15 plantlets but I spread them out quite a bit

I know you got some now but here's to show you how much you get in a pot.... To get an idea of scale the area in the photo is about 35cm

C8FTsQ9.jpg

Back