• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys sumatradriftwood scape

durtydurty said:
How do you get the what I presume is vallis to grow like that at the back of the tank?
Its the look Im going for buts it yet to grow that thick.
You plant a lot of them together ;)

its both :lol: . nan and helferi. when you look at it full on, you cans see a slight difference in colour tones, which is nice.

i planted heavy from the start. 7 pots of each(i think) grows like a weed. i would say theres at least 100 individual plantlets in there. so when i rescape there will be some going spare ;)

oh, and thanks to john starkey and london dragon for there contributions :D cheers guys.

mark

saintly said:
Joecoral said:
another quality scape matey!

thanks joe, this ones bit more of a holding tank for my plants until i get a chance to rip it down and start again. :D

mark
Some people would give there right arm for a scape like that pal, including me and it's only a "holding" tank :rolleyes:

Dan Crawford said:
Some people would give there right arm for a scape like that pal, including me and it's only a "holding" tank :rolleyes:

I'd give my right arm, left arm and possibly a few toe's for a scape like that ;) :lol:

Dan Crawford said:

we both know thats not true dan ;)

cichlidsrgr8 said:
'd give my right arm, left arm and possibly a few toe's for a scape like that ;) :lol:

if you carry on the way your going with your rock arranging, you WILL have a scape like that. ;)

anyways before.....overgrown mess

_MG_7997-02.jpg

current setup. from a similar angle

_MG_8185-02.jpg

and one from ages ago.

_MG_9443-01.jpg

this journal shall be ending soon too. getting ready for the next scape. even im confused with the journals ive got going on here :rolleyes:

mark

saintly said:
this journal shall be ending soon too. getting ready for the next scape. even im confused with the journals ive got going on here :rolleyes:
mark
Hahaha yeah I have noticed how you mix all your tanks into all your journals with old and new photos haha ;)

im growing fond of my nursery now. john (starkey) the new plant is rooting nicely ;) ive added to the tank p heferi and hc!

_MG_8268-01.jpg

6 or 7 i think, and a bag of powersand. im not going down that route again. i'll fill with sponge or polystyrene in future then fill or make a perspex divider of some sort.i wont use powersand neither.

mark

Blimey!
Thats a whole lot of cash up the spout mate.
Yeah I just wondered because I got my 4FT tank coming soon and I love the depth and gradiant to your substrate.
I've got a few bits of sponge lined up to pad out the back. Think I read about it on my-mac forums a while ago. Going to need quite a bit of AS to make sure the sponge is all covered though as I'm sure my rams would make short work of it if they got a look at it :rolleyes:

riccia corner .

be1fe864.jpg

heres a question. in the next pic you can see the aromatica starting to close its leafs up, like they do at night. now every stem ive kept does this about half hour before lights out. quite strange to see.it happens when they get used to the light timers. anyone else noticed this?

b294670f.jpg

mark

HI Mark,funny you should say that about the L,Aromatica mine seem to close up their leaves well before lights off,do you think they do this when they have had sufficient photoperiod?,regards john ps: the top leaves of mine are really puple too.

john starkey said:
HI Mark,funny you should say that about the L,Aromatica mine seem to close up their leaves well before lights off,do you think they do this when they have had sufficient photoperiod?,regards john ps: the top leaves of mine are really puple too.

Hi John,
Yes, most plants only need about 8-10 hours of decent light and then then are finished. That is the main reason why we can shut off the CO2 relatively early in the the photoperiod. Many stems have mobile leaves that close up like this. :D

Cheers,

I notice that effect on a few plants I have in the tank. Its a good way to determine also if your photo period is too long ;) I shut my CO2 off 3 hours before lights out.

Mark the tank is looking great, you don't need a rescape after all :p

john starkey said:
ps: the top leaves of mine are really puple too.

whats the best way of achieving this? is it by limiting a specific nutrient? BTW john, the roots it gives off are massive!

LondonDragon said:
Mark the tank is looking great, you don't need a rescape after all :p

maybe not LD but it's getting one :twisted:... :lol:

mark

Back