• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Maidenhair Bank

BABY SHRIMP!!!!:woot: I was just checking on the tank before lights out and saw it whizzing across the tank. It then rested on my bogwood for enough time to let me get a look at it. Unfortunately, it wasn't close enough to get a picture.:( I know I said I would do a big update today but I haven't got round to it yet. Tomorrow!:) Hopefully there is more than just one, but I'm happy with the one I've got! I'm surprised my greedy guppies didn't get it but with the amount of plants in there it could probably hide!:)
Cheers

Is the tropica CO2 system you're using the disposable one?
It is! It's the Tropica System 60 I think. I have kind of stopped using it now because my plants were growing a little bit too quickly for my liking! It's a really good wee kit though and I found that even with under dosing just slightly it lasted a lot longer on this tank than what it said it should have on the box!:)

OK guys, here is the update that I said about. I don't really have much to say about it at the moment but I'll put up some pics!:snaphappy: I think I might move some stuff around in this tank but I would appreciate your input. I wouldn't be doing anything anytime soon so have time to think about it!:)
dscf1955pt.jpg
dscf1957h.jpg
dscf1958b.jpg
dscf1959.JPG
dscf1961e.jpg
dscf1962c.jpg

Cheers:)

what moss is on the wood?
If you mean the emersed bit then that is a mix of Java Moss and Riccia Fluitans. I didn't actually intend for it to grow there but it just crept up the wood and stays moist with the wood. I think it looks quite nice!:cigar: Under the water it is the same mix. That is mainly Riccia, the bright green plant, but there is also a little bit of Java Moss.:)

Wow. This is really looking amazing it has an almost "fantasy" like look to it with the light pouring through and illuminating the tank in a really beatifull way. The moss on the hard scape looks like a walkway out of the under water world :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wow. This is really looking amazing it has an almost "fantasy" like look to it with the light pouring through and illuminating the tank in a really beatifull way. The moss on the hard scape looks like a walkway out of the under water world
I quite like that take on my tank! I wasn't really sure what to do with it at the start as I was new to planted tanks so just let it grow. I think it turned out OK!:)

lovely pics and lovely tank looks awesome
Cheers Dean! I might see if there's anything else I can snap tonight. I love photos!:lol:

OK folks here's another couple of photos! Still up for suggestions on whether or not to rescape. I added a photo of a potential place where I could split the piece of wood if I fancied.:)
dscf1976t.jpg

And, just for fun, a macro of an orange shrimp climbing a moss tree!:lol:
dscf1974h.jpg

Not much to report on this one. I'm definitely thinking about a rescape with some plants that might grow a little slower but will have to make some plans. I'll probably be doing lots more trimming this weekend!:thumbup:

are you gonna show how this is looking now before you do your rescape mate?
Hello
Yes I'll probably do a bumper post with lots of piccies before I do anything with this one!:snaphappy: Although I like how the tank is, I never see my shrimp! I think I'll cut the wood in half and might be selling off lots of Stauro and Riccia and possibly some Rotala. I'll be doing plenty of progress reports too and probably plenty of photos during the rescape.:)
Cheers

Hi everyone
I've recently been seeing about 5 young shrimp each day now and some of my own bred shrimp have reached adulthood!:woot: In an attempt to get better breeding and see the shrimp more often I have put my guppies in a different tank and got from my LFS 6 Boraras Urophthalmoides. I couldn't resist at 6 for £5! They are settling in great and have been exploring the tank for ages. Speaking of the tank, it's been a wee bit neglected again and plants are beginning to take over again. The middle of my Staurogyne carpet is in a bit of a state at the moment because I am selling lots of it on this forum if you haven't seen already. When I was at my LFS today I also picked some Dennerle Nano Crusta-Fit to try out. I asked the owner of the shop if it was any good and he said I should find out for myself and he gave me 50% off!:thumbup: I've got to report back to him... I'll be getting some photos up of the new arrivals some point tonight!:) Oh, I also picked up three more cherries for this tank!
Cheers
:D

Its great to see you having success with you cherries. My cherries have started breeding again, I usually let them have a "rest" during the winter my lowering feeding and its great to see some more babies now.

Just something to look out for right now is your shrimp's health. I have read a lot about bacteria blooms as the weather gets warmer and I believe I've experienced this before. It can be fixed with genchem beta - g and water changes, its just something to look our for around this time of the year.

Its great to see you having success with you cherries. My cherries have started breeding again, I usually let them have a "rest" during the winter my lowering feeding and its great to see some more babies now. Just something to look out for right now is your shrimp's health. I have read a lot about bacteria blooms as the weather gets warmer and I believe I've experienced this before. It can be fixed with genchem beta - g and water changes, its just something to look our for around this time of the year.
Thanks for the heads up Michael. Do you reckon that Almond leaf would keep the bacteria at bay? I'll have a look at the Genchem stuff you recommend too.
Cheers:)

We all love livestock pictures, so here are some for you!:) Excuse the rubbish photography... The rasboras are doing great and have bulked up nicely. Now, how to breed them....;) In some of these pictures you will see my first berried RCS. I'm quite pleased with that considering I only put two males in a week ago!:) the first photo is an "arty" one I took of a plant growing completely out of the tank. If anyone could provide an ID that would be great.
ez0v.jpg
bnqy.jpg

2um.jpg
6om3.jpg

ul1j.jpg
z2wq.jpg

d5k4.jpg
kzcs.jpg

Back