• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

question about limnophila aquatica

plantnoob

the whole reason i chose limnophila aquatica is because of the lovely furry/feathery appearance like in this photo
Plant Details

mine however looks like this
transition , or problem ? | UK Aquatic Plant Society

im refering to the general form , rather than the highlighted areas in the photo . is it a case of this being the emersed leaves and the new growth will look like the tropica pic when i get into trimming it ?

That doesn't look like l aquatica to me, I wonder if someone else would clarify?

ive got ada amazonia as my substrate , and i am also ei dosing , so hopefully it will take on that appearance in time . thanks for the help .

Sounds fine........ it'll grow like H... in no time, so you're in for continuously pruning and re-planting. Good thing is, the re-planted stems will grow thicker and stronger each re-plant, and thereby closer to pic.
Mick.

Glad to see a confirmation of what I told you from wiser and OLDER men ;)

Remember that starting your first tank is all about trial and error... and patience :)

will be well worth the effort if i can get it looking like that tropica pic :)

should i let it get taller before taking the scissors to it , or can i just be ruthless and hack it back to encourage new submersed growth ?

Back