• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trying to get on the property ladder.

Steve Smith

Currently I'm saving towards deposit/costs but I'm browsing properties online regularly. Is it wrong to base my house criteria on aquarium capacity and whether the garden has/can fit a pond? :lol:

Not sure about my priorities :D

i am in the exact same place and all the above criteria are on my checklist also :) also FAR away from any noisy roads!!

even in the country like i am this is hard to find!

Sounds about right to me.
We've just had the kitchen redone, and i made sure the sink was 1.5x, the standard size :lol:

This will be my first place. It's annoying as I'm no where near ready. I think I've got enough saved for covering solicitors and surveys now, so just the deposit to go!

when i first started saving i didn't even consider the other charges, only when i thought i was about there i was told of such thing :(

I'm fortunate to have Parents who were willing to put me up again for a bit while I try and save up. Feels odd being back home when I'm in my early/mid 30's! On the plus side, I have very little actual outgoings, as they refused any sort of rent etc. Unfortunately I went a bit silly last year and didn't really save anything. In theory I should of been in the position to be making offers on places by now!

I'm fortunate to have Parents who were willing to put me up again for a bit while I try and save up. Feels odd being back home when I'm in my early/mid 30's! On the plus side, I have very little actual outgoings, as they refused any sort of rent etc.
can i come and live with your parents too? :D :p

I'm fortunate to have Parents who were willing to put me up again for a bit while I try and save up. Feels odd being back home when I'm in my early/mid 30's! On the plus side, I have very little actual outgoings, as they refused any sort of rent etc. Unfortunately I went a bit silly last year and didn't really save anything. In theory I should of been in the position to be making offers on places by now!

Was it all those bikes :)

It Is great to live at home with parents, and not pay rent to them. Althought that is more the norm in my society.
And it is quite normal to be basing your search on where you can fit tanks and ponds.

When I bought my property 2 years ago I didnt think about a property for tanks etc. I simply saw it as a place that I could call my own.
Fast foward 2 years on and I have 6 tanks and a 9 month old daughter. I have to start shutting some tanks down and decide what I want to keep.
It is a bug and being a hoarder you just hoard tanks, rockwork, filters etc etc. I have 2 buckets that I have plants in as well as vases with mosses growing inside them.

However my long term plan is to try to pay off the mortgage and within 5 years be able to remortgage and settle for a property that has a garage or a garden in which I can build a small (ish) fish room :)

Back