• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very confused!

fish fodder

Hi guys,

Just bought a couple of fire extinguishers, removed the horns to put a TMC regulator on and it doesn't fit! I have had my doubts about the fitting on the regulator but was assured it was a din fitting... Now, do fire extinguishers have different fittings? It was manufactured in the uk so I'm pretty sure it's a din. On the original TMC canister there are three numbers 320 which also leads me to believe its a cga regulator. I have taken some photos of the fitting of the extinguisher and reg, hopefully this would help you to help me as I'm a complete noob when it comes to these things.
bmGgR8i.jpg

Biznn0w.jpg

Many thanks

Now just read something about BS431 but the number on the FE is BS5045! This is hurting my head

is one of then known a b*****d size one of them been bsf and one bsc fine and corse

I know very little about fe set ups but just c9me across this

co2 info

Have a look at the second one down something about 320 being an American standard and is not compatible with uk standard.

I may be way off the mark though but hopefully it will help

will it not go on because one is a fine thread and one as a corse thread

you should be able to try a harewear shop if not
do you know a local engine machine shop that
might be able to turn you one in brass

tmc regs come in both threads din 477 and cga if its new send it back and swap it..

It's not new but was told its din.... Really confusing me. I'm not sure if the reg is non uk standard or the FE is different... I haven't seen anyone else have a problem with FE threads

Cheers... Just tried again and it definitely won't fit lol... The first thread is fine then stops

Take it to your nearest car garage and they'll tell you what it is straight away..

sorry no help here but i have just got a reg that states on the box that it is cga 320 soooooo if this is not right for an FE i am also up the creek :(
20130516_122312.jpg

don't know if this pic will be of any help at all but this is the thread on my reg

cga320 is paintball tank thread, wont fit a uk FE. you can get adapters that change din to cga but unsure about other way round.

Back