• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Untitled II

8664332151_19b122623a_h.jpg

I won't post any new photos until september, get to prepare the iaplc photo next weekend, the tank's doing fine, trimming it every two weeks when rotalas reach the surface.
Sadly there's only 1 shrimp left, guess they don't like liquid carbon. Gonna add a bit of CO2 using Tropica Plant Growth System to see if I can get rotala to grow a little bit bushy.
C ya after the results, I'm not expecting a high placement, just want to be there. :)

Mike

Shame about the shrimp Mike :(
Good luck with the tank, it may surprise you ;) I also don't have high expectations for my tank but like you still want to be there.....ill still get a little buzz on placement day :)
Look forward to the picture.
Cheerio
Ady.

Cheers mate, found 3 shrimps, need to check the filter this weekend might be some there.
Decided to skip IAPLC again, I'm not content with the looks, it doesn't look perfect :D, might give it a tweak this weekend and post a photo here and try my luck with AGA.
Fiddling with the ferts a bit, gonna try excel instead of easy carbo and add Aquavitro Envy (hope the plants won't die of envy :)).
I do try every year different kinds of ferts, most of them don't do anything special than the DIY ones, this looked interesting though.
I'm posting my impressions in a month, I'm already used with the growth rate to notice any improvement. :)

Cheers,
Mike

A quick text update for those following my saga into LC tanks, I had a GSA bloom lately followed by GDA and BBA on rocks, the large one looked nice covered in algae but the lilaeopsis brasilensis didn't so I decided to see if I can get rid of them, I started dosing phosphates along with the tropica ferts around 0.3ppm daily and dropped the light to 15w T8/6h/day, all the plants are GSA free and rocks cleared 90% without having to scrub them so I'm sticking with this light from now on. I'm also gonna replace the 24w T5 on the 70l tank with a 18w T8. IMHO LC doesn't replace CO2 so you can't use the same light intensity, it's more like a low tech carbon supplement.

One more thing I replaced EC with Excel the last 2 months, I'm gonna start dosing EC again from next week 'cause I think Excel is kinda diluted, some plants don't grow as well, but maybe is just an unlucky coincidence, I'll get back to you with a conclusion in a month or so.

Cheers,
Mike

liking the hardscape, looking forward for it to grow in :)

but do you not find the sand front a bit linear, almost man made looking?

Thanks mates, it looks a bit different now, I'll add a pic in a week or so, I need to decide if I'm gonna pull the rotala's out and leave only nesaea in the back. Can't belive that the last photo is from April, I'm sorry for not posting more pics but the last months were a bit stressful at work.

You are right Steve, it looks like a highway :) hope the plants will grow and make it look less linear.
If the lawn stays algae free I'll add it to AGA this year, I decided for IAPLC to try a more complicated hardscape, I have some ideas something like Stu's style using a bag full of wood and dragon stone from last year but first I need to drop the light in the other tank before starting otherwise it will be covered in algae again (my luck for the last years). :)

Low techs are like reef tanks, if you don't take pictures you think nothing happens, so Faizal have patience with yours. :D

Cheers,
Mike

Back