• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very confused!

cga is American, din 477 is European..

Are there different types of FE thread in the uk? I was under the impression that they are all the same?

cga320 is paintball tank thread, wont fit a uk FE. you can get adapters that change din to cga but unsure about other way round.

I noticed you had/have the TMC converter? I just ordered one in the hope that the reg is a cga and that the FE isn't a non standard thread.
Ali, if the converter doesn't work then it should work for you if you do indeed have a cga reg so you could buy it back off me if you can't return your regulator for what I paid.

yeah i have the tmc convert, its goes on a cga bottle to use a din reg, so back to front from what you need im afriad.

I see the confusion now, He explains it in the 1st line, but then asks for a cga to uk din, i read it as has a cga bottle to din reg. same as description on the packet. bottle thread 1st, reg thread second, so goes from cga to din.

If I can remove the nut from the regulator and replace it with the nut from the horn it should work but I'm having great difficulty doing that.

Ah this is a nightmare think I will just have to buy tmc canister from AE as that fits cga :mad: costs a bit more than an FE though

just buy a paintball tank, they are exatcly the same just black, and cost £20

Just re read the email from where I'm getting the adaptor and he does say it's for a cga reg... We'll see. This has become a complete circus.

Adapter turned up today... Doesn't fit either the male or female part of the fire extinguisher :(
So I've narrowed it down to the fire extinguisher being the problem. Now I don't know what to do

Although the adapter does fit the old TMC canister so if what m_attt is saying then the canister and reg I have are cga!

Is there no visual difference between a din/cga regulator or canister? I only ask because I'm getting rather frustrated at all this at the moment. I have a fire extinguisher (I have been told by a FE engineer that all uk FE as far as he knows are din477) then I have a TMC regulator that I was told is a din477 but it won't fit on the FE, then I bought a TMC adapter which I was told will fit on din477 canister (FE) to use a cga320 regulator.....then told by someone else that the adapter actually fits on to a cga canister to use on a din reg.... The adapter does fit on the original TMC canister but not the FE. So, you can see my annoyance at all this and so far I'm none the wiser

Back