• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sulawesi Shrimp Project

andyh................shrimp breeder. No stopping you now.:)

Cherry. CRS. Sulawesi, which next.:clap:

Good news, and in such a small tank. Located in the kitchen amongst all the fumes, and noise.
And yet they tell us how delicate there supposed to be.

Thats fishkeeping for you, what works for one, does not always work for others.
Lets hope it continues when you move them to a larger set up in the Garage.

Congratulations :)

Set up a shrimp rack and start churning these babies out! ;)

Great news :) get some photos ;)
Cheers Paulo, will try. Not managed any decent ones yet.

andyh................shrimp breeder. No stopping you now.:)
Cherry. CRS. Sulawesi, which next.:clap:
Good news, and in such a small tank. Located in the kitchen amongst all the fumes, and noise.
And yet they tell us how delicate there supposed to be.
Thats fishkeeping for you, what works for one, does not always work for others.
Lets hope it continues when you move them to a larger set up in the Garage.

If you need any lessons let me know ;) :woot:
Will be setting up the garage tank, over the next few weeks. Just got to check everything is working, light filter etc

Congratulations :)
Set up a shrimp rack and start churning these babies out! ;)
Yeah could be tempting, would need the colony to be a little bigger first though.
Have to admit i am tempted to try a few more different ones, once i move these guys to the bigger tank.

Can you give a newcomer some detail on the RO system and method that you use?.

Hey, welcome to UKAPS.

Its easy for me, i have no RO system. I am lucky in the respect that i come from a family of fish keepers. Both my Dad (Ukaps member; Bogwood) and brother have sophisticated plumbed in RO systems, of which i take what i need :). when running low, i just nip to my local fish shop and buy a bucket/30l about £3. Lasts me a month at the moment if not longer. I re-mineralise the water with some shrimp additive, see earlier on in this thread. Simple as that really, if you want to know specifics message bogwood, i am sure he will give you some help.

Hello

Its been a while but things are going very well indeed.

Moved them from the small tank in the kitchen, to a larger tank in the garage about 3-4weeks ago now.

Tank is a spare one i had, 35l Elite. Quick clean and new tube and we are off! External filter added to the tank Eheim 2222, with eheim pre-filter to stop shrimps getting pulled into the filter, provides a great area for the shrimp lets to feed.

Added more rock and mass of moss.

My Dad was down when i moved the tank so he brought his digital meters so i managed to gets some readings and ensure the water in the new tank was the same.

Readings taken and maintained:

ph 8.3 and TDS 400plus
Temp 28c

These pics were taken then: (only with my iPhone so quality not great)

8747511830_f5e3f727b7_b.jpg
New Setup for Shrimp by andyh_2011, on Flickr

How many shrimps can you count? Their camouflage is very good!
8747512390_d7c343e4c8_b.jpg
7 Shrimps can you see them? by andyh_2011, on Flickr

Some 4 weeks on and things going from strength to strength, i have completed a couple of water changes, the moss is growing, the desirable algae is forming on the glass and rocks, there are more shrimp and i have some berried females. Will try and get some more pictures when i can.

I am planning to visit Freshwatershrimp and purchase some more shrimps! Hoping to get some Caridina Dennerli, Caridina Dennerli - Freshwatershrimp

Thanks for looking
Andyh

Looking good Andy, hope your success continues.:clap:
Have you still got young CRS in your other tank.
Cheers
Yes and some other shrimps!

Looks great Andy :) Can you re-cap and tell me what is the desirable algae? GDA?
Steve Smith!!! Long time no speak my friend! You still Biking?

Any algae, is the true answer. They love grazing the stuff, so i am running the lights for 10 hrs and only cleaning the front glass at present to encourage the algae growth. It great not worrying about it!

Cheers
Yes and some other shrimps!

Steve Smith!!! Long time no speak my friend! You still Biking?

Any algae, is the true answer. They love grazing the stuff, so i am running the lights for 10 hrs and only cleaning the front glass at present to encourage the algae growth. It great not worrying about it!

Yes sir, Mr Andy. Bit of biking here and there.

Good to know :)

Back