• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trimming and cleanup?

DanMac

I am now for the first time trimming my moss/plants, I turn off my filter, trim them then use a small net to capture some of the excess then use my forceps to collect the remaining bits.

My net can only collect so much in one swoop, should I have a bucket of water handy to empty the excess in or are they're any other tips that will make this process easier?

Cheers

Sounds good to me. I always perform a water change after a pruning session too. Using a small diameter hose you can siphon any sunken moss off-cuts. It's also a good idea to vacuum any detritus that's building up amongst carpets and the substrate in general. Cleanliness is next to godliness for a successful and nuisance-free planted tank.

This is what I use to scoop up floating plant trimmings. Chopped 2litre coke bottle and piece of coarse filter foam, works well.
filterf.jpg

Back