• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Back in the Saddle' 90cm - 1 year on!

Unfortunately not, as I was on a stag and there was only drinking and nightlife involved ;)

Next time mate, next time! :)
Hope you had a great time in our city :wacky: :)

Did you ever measured PO4? Maybe this is too low compare to the light you have and the rocks getting green sooner because of that too.

Looking really good vito, na setups look superb. You can skim the surface film off with a takeaway tub or similar it should disappear eventually, really good looking scape.
I will try this method and see how it goes, thanks for the tip :)
Really nice vito
Cheers dude!
Next time mate, next time! :)
Hope you had a great time in our city :wacky: :)

Did you ever measured PO4? Maybe this is too low compare to the light you have and the rocks getting green sooner because of that too.
I never test if I am honest but maybe I should, any particular PO4 test kit that you recommend? Just to clarify is PO4 dosed from Macro solution, if so would it be best to increases the dosage further to keep the green at bay :)

Thanks.

More pics :)

dscf3375h.jpg

dscf3385y.jpg

dscf3387h.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hey Vito, for the surface film you can also buy a skimmer, eheim do one for about 30 pounds, ADA also do one in steel for considerabley more. i think someone has done a review of the eheim one on here, just do a search.
Tank is looking nice.

Chalire

Ehein skimmer is great but it will swallow curious cherry shrimp. Easily resolved though by putting some stainless mesh around the top.
I fully plan on running mine on the new tank on a timer for 15mins a couple of times a day as I have an entirely untested theory that the scum contributed to my BBA problems by causing variable off gassing through the week...

Hey guys,

Just a weekly update, I hacked away and shaped the HM, the density of it is amazing, I will definitely be using it in more scapes in the future, I have stopped using easycarbo for well over a week and haven't noticed any negative effect. I have upped my fert dosage, so i'm dosing 60ml Macro and Micro and 40ml Special N. I scrubbed the rocks with a tooth brush and my arm is super toned now :)
I bought 10 more shrimp as I have lost 5 of the original 16 due to jumping out and finally I have introduced 10 Blue Tetras (Knodus borki), they are very nice to look at but them seem to congregate at the top of the tank which is slightly annoying but maybe that because they are new to the tank... Any way some snaps of the progress so far.

dscf3395y.jpg

dscf3401x.jpg

dscf3403w.jpg

dscf3406n.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Hi guys, I've not had much to report so I didn't update last week but its safe to say an update is overdue :)
Anyway so the tank seems to be going well, I did a second trim to the HC carpet and I hacked the HM as its was getting too tall but it has revealed the ugly undergrowth yellowish HM so in a few weeks it should hopefully be back to a healthy green :) The rocks are getting covered in green algae as im too lazy to use the tooth brush as its aches my arm lol, I will make sure I scrub them at the next water change. Enjoy the pics!
dscf3407z.jpg

dscf3409p.jpg

dscf3410c.jpg

dscf3413f.jpg

Thank you for looking :)

Hey guys, so the tank is now 3 months old, the green rocks where getting too unsightly so I got the old tooth brush out and scrubbed as much as I could and I noticed a few small bits of BBA beginning to appear so I performed a larger than normal water change after the scrub and I have decided to order another bottle of easycarbo as I believe since I have stopped dosing the green has been more fierce, I have also decided to have the co2 on from 6am a there is slight light spill into the corridor where the tank lies and I believe this was also contributing to the algae, I was considering covering the front of the tank during the day to avoid the light spill or possibly have the lights come on much sooner as the light spill is through the majority of the day an the light only come on at 4pm and stay on until 10pm, also another concern is that with the light spill during the day and the 6 hour photo period is it too much combined light time, if anyone could give me their opinion, hopefully I am sounding too cautious. The plants are now well on to recovery from the trim and the tops of the HM is getting nice and green again due to new grow but I doubt there is anyway to improve the bottom parts of the stems or is the browning/yellowing of the undergrowth inevitable?
Here is some pictures of the tank tonight, enjoy :)

dscf3415.jpg

dscf3416e.jpg

dscf3421p.jpg

dscf3428e.jpg

Any comments welcomed.

Back