• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Online Shrimp Stores

NanoJames

Hi guys
Can anyone recommend a decent shrimp store on the internet that has decent prices and shipping? I know about most of the bigger ones but it would be nice if there were any smaller ones too!:)
Cheers

have you tried ebay? im guessing you have, ive got some good deals on there before from people who find themselves with too many shrimp.

I assume you know about Freshwater Shrimp and Sharnbrook Shrimp already :) Most smaller sellers are hobbyist breeders selling off surplus to fund their hobby.

Shipping costs will always be on the higher end as I would expect most people to ship via a priority mail service such as Royal Mail Special Delivery, to help ensure safe arrival of the shrimp and so that they are travelling for as little time as possible.

I suppose a lot depends on what type of shrimp and grade your looking for.

I was in a similar position, and unable to source CRS S+ grades upwards. So no option. other than to buy on line.
The odd hobbyist i could find were only offering low grade, which i could get from several shops i see on my travels.

Now i use our sponsors, and very pleased. Plus on occasion a couple of sellers on ebay . Postage cost are normally what it actually costs them, with little or no mark up. Most i buy from use, good poly boxes, breathing bags, heat packs, and a piece of moss in the bags, with Special next day delivery. Shrimps always arrive in good condition

Cheers guys!
I have heard of most big ones like Sharnbrook Shrimp, Freshwater Shrimp, Shrimp Toast etc. I'll be checking out Ebay too as I'm sure there's plenty of bargains to be had there!

I have bought shrimp from 4 different uk stores and I would say for quality go to hobbyshrimp and for price freshwater shrimp.

There is an Ebay seller, Craven279. He auctions home bred shrimp of varying grades and you can also contact him via ebay and ask for a mixture of grades and colours and he'll quote a price. Mine arrived packaged really well and the cbs really look nice next to the red crystal shrimp. He has auctions running at the mo...

Easishrimp are good. Lots of various shrimps of all grades.

Had a look on this site and look good prices but one thing I read which id not heard before and have never had problems with was in the tank set up guide for crystal shrimp
" Anubias and Cryptocoryne are not good choices for plants because their roots may release toxic substances." :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

There has been something going around about Crypts and anubias being toxic to shrimps after trimming. But same as Alastair I have never had problems with both plants in my shrimp tanks. One of them is like 35% Anubias Nana Petite and all my shrimps are fine and breeding.

Back