• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

drop checker size

sa80mark

Im searching around the sponsorers sites because im looking to get a drop checker and have just had a thought,
Does the size of the drop checker matter ?

Im wanting one for a 30l cube tank so dont want a big one but are the smaller ones as effective or is the surface area important to get accurate readings ?

Ive been looking at the hang on ones but im not to sure on them as I was under the impression that you should try to have the dc low down near the substrate having said that I guess if the flow is good the dc could be anywhere as you could be quite certain that enough co2 is getting down low

Ive been looking at the hang on ones but im not to sure on them as I was under the impression that you should try to have the dc low down near the substrate having said that I guess if the flow is good the dc could be anywhere as you could be quite certain that enough co2 is getting down low
This is true but they are just a guide, I have one about a half inch from the substrate in my 3ft tank telling me co2 is hunky dory, but I also have glosso and blyxa telling me its not, personally for a nano I'd rather have my rough guide less visible and just compensate for its reliability.

Yes that makes sense, I suppose I was working on the thought that it shows you a result rarther then it shows you a guide to co2 levels, this being my first proper planted tank with co2 I guess im taking the info I read to literally rarther than as a guide, :)

I use two drop checkers in our tank. Not because I'm a tart and like to show off I just was impatient. I wanted the jbl which is on frond glass but they were out of stock. So I purchased the denarle one you can see at the back. Mths later I hd to get the jbl as I was uncertain how good the denarle(globe) one was. As it happen the globe one tends to change colour a bit quicker. There loads of choice it just down to taste. I like them both as I'm clumsy and there plastic.:)
ema3u8e4.jpg
. Sorry about the poor quality pic and grandma.:)

Back