• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to now?

ukteacherman

Seedling
Apart from The Green machine, which sells Tropica, what other online plant suppliers can anyone recommend now Greenline Aquatics have closed? Green machine are the best I know, but beyond my ability to pay those prices I am afraid.

No LFS's ??? where abouts are you?

Aqua Essentials

They only sell Tropica aswell i think, not sure. But pretty expensive they are (plants that is). Check out the website i beleive they are sponsors of UKAPS. Cheers.

Get yourself in to your local Maidenhead Aquatics or Pets @ Home and order some plants. Most LFS take a random delivery of plants and never know what they're getting, but you can still order them.

Try to collect the plants the day they're delivered too, this way there wont be any time for algae or snails to attack the plants :)

I've had bad experiences with almost every plant supplier except TGM and AE so i'd rather not point you in their direction. TGM and AE are sponsors for a reason if you know what i mean, they are quality all the way if a little more expensive than the rest. The plants are much bigger too so it's almost a false economy to buy cheaper ones when they are half the price but also half the size.
I've not tried http://www.aquarium-gardening.com/ before.

HTH

Dan

If you're ordering a lot of plants then Aquaspot world can work out cost-effective and my order from them was all good stuff. However the postage from Singapore means it really does have to be a big order. Can get some special things from them though...

I started to put a small order together with aquarium-gardening.com, but when I got to the payment stage I was told that they only accepted orders over £30 (I think it was). A bit annoyed I wasn't told that in the beginning!

Superman said:
How about posting on the buy/sell/wanted forum on here? Maybe some forum users might get some spare?

The UKAPS buy/sell/wanted forum is definitely my favorite source for plants at the moment :D :lol:

tko187 said:
Aqua Essentials

They only sell Tropica aswell i think, not sure. But pretty expensive they are (plants that is). Check out the website i beleive they are sponsors of UKAPS. Cheers.

I have ordered from Greenline & Java-plants in the past but ordered my Pogostemon from AE recently. The plant quality was way and above that which I had received from others & was able to split the plants into multiple plantlets all of which are doing well.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'd rather pay a little extra and guarantee good quality than get a few stems through the post for the same price. Incidentally though, I do live in the N Scotland and have to send away for post of my plants & products, I have one LFS who is not big on plants & Pets@home (whom I only visit for parrot food & to ridicule their fish section)

Back