• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Best catching them in the middle of the night with a red torch.
nice tip george, sadly no red light so had a go the old fashioned way. The aquarium gods must have been shining on me as they almost swam into the net :)
Trimmed out all the damaged aubertii yesterday which has left it looking a little sad but i can see good root growth on it so should come back in a little while...

Hi Iain, I see you found the time to set up your new tank. It is looking great. Love the greens of the plants with the led unit.
I've set up your old tank as well and put images online, not as professional as you have done yours though.
Would be great to see how this matures out when you manage to get your otos out. I can house a few more if you need to get rid of them ;)
hey Sjoert, the LED's give a nice crisp light which im happy with but they arent supposed to be too good over red plants.
ottos are out and in the other tank now so hope the growing in process can continue without any more set backs ?!

Ill have a look at your journal shortly as im very interested to see what you are doing with it.

Put the last of the amanos in today, totalling 85 now, along with the 3 denisonii's from barb island. Noticed the denisonii's were very fat and now the holding tank is empty i can see why..... im missing about 200 cherry shrimp :hungover: just 5 or so survivors.They seem very happy though and have fantastic colour, will try and catch an image or two tomorrow.

Are you getting Amanos cheap somewhere or just seeing them as an investment? Wish they were native here...
Got a good bulk deal from ed at freshwatershrimp,my initial thinking was I'd sell the cherries to cover the cost so now it's an investment lol
A good one though, no diatoms and generally never had such a spotless tank. It's quite shocking how much poo they produce though, I have to syphon the sand everyday with airline to remove it.

Yumyum cherries ;)
Lol an expensive diet.

That's interesting LC and doesn't seem so many. I know that if you have access to lots of amanos then 1 per litre on start up reducing to 1 per 5ltrs later is well regarded. I believe they will also begin to eat plants if there are too many once the tank is clean.
The aubertii is still looking eaten, think I may have to keep an eye in case the amano's are also contributing to their demise..? Fingers crossed it is just the damaged leaves from the ottos, if not the I need a new plan as I'm cutting more out than is growing!

Gotta love a denisonii :) very tempted to scap the loach idea and get another 3 or 4 of them.
IMG_5204_zps32986604.jpg

pretty hard to see what this pic looks like as my laptop keeps flicking between brightness modes which is annoying to say the least.

Wow, lovely fish Iain! That's gutting about the cherry shrimp. It could have been worse though. You could have had fish dying with too much gourmet food!;)
Cheers
always a bright side :)

Nice fish. I have 5 and their great to watch
they are, love how they are always in the open and come over to say high when approached.

Love those barbs mate, more of them would really suit this scape IMO moss seems to be taking off well, have you won the lottery dude nearly a hundred Amano shrimp and bucephalandra as well ( not to mention the na setup:lol: ) top scape Iain looking forward to seeing this fully mature.
im seriously reconsidering the stocking at the moment, just need to be concious that the 15 new barbs that are coming will be lower level too, along with what could be 6/7 denisonii's it could get a little busy.

Back