• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning pipes

Mr. Teapot

Hi All,
Does anyone know a way of getting at the last irritating bits of muck in a filter intake? My problem seems to be that the brush bristles fold back so there's no cleaning action at the tip. Perhaps I'm being a bit OCD and should just live with it but It'll be great to hear of a cleaver solution before I get a wad of filter wool stuck down there!

8888934582_f6e9d7e87f_c_d.jpg

Or use easycarbo/excel or H2O2. Just use pure and settle for the time you are cleaning the rest. After that, just pour it out, no need to rinse as a little won't hurt your tank. Especially with the liquid carbon it is not clean yet, but the next day it will be;) I do this with my diffusor disc as well. Hang it on the outside of my tank with some H2O2 on it and place it back afterwards!

i need to get out more, i'm now getting 'Macro' envy on shots of intakes :snaphappy:

I know even less about cameras than growing plants... I don't think my trusty old D40 has been taken off the point and click setting yet.

Back