• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

25l nano **updated**

logi-cat

Here we go again. Looking to start a tank that is more low maintenance than my previous tanks. My previous tanks have always been high-tech tanks; injecting CO2, high lighting and dosing dry ferts.

Previous Tanks

1sttank_zps2ff9adc2.jpg

IMG_0081_zps614a62aa.jpg

This is what i have currently come with regarding to scape:

tankshot_zps33f59295.jpg

The specifications are as follows:
tank: p@h 25l cube
substrate: akadama
lighting: arcadia arcpod with 11w daylight bulb (6500k)
filtration: eheim 2213 classic
flora: looking to get a variety of mosses and ferns
hardscape: not sure what variety of wood it is

I have decided that I will only be keeping mosses and ferns. In that case what kind of dosing regime, if any should I undergo? Once or twice a week? I currently have micro, macro and easycarbo at my disposal.

I will be adding fauna once the tank matures. Don't want to use a heater so that's already going to restrict what I can have, but then again I might be tempted to add one later. Looking at white clouds or my favourite, celestial pearl danios.

Went to the FreshWaterShrimp showroom on thursday, very impressed with the setups that they have there. At the same time i got some mosses (weeping, christmas and taiwan) and amazon frogbits. Here's the tank after planting and flooding.

IMG_0366_zps84a89330.jpg

I think it is hydrocotyle tripatia or something.:)
Logi-cat ,.all your tanks look amazing. The present one is looking very promising. I know that you are planning on mosses & ferns but have you thought about some crypts maybe at the back ground,...just to fill it up.

I love your co2 tanks.:) They look awesome. Very healthy plants & such clean tanks.

thanks for the comment. The plant is indeed hydrocotyle tripartita or sometimes referred to as hydrocotyle sp.japan. I will keep the crypts in mind but I will see how things pan out in the upcoming weeks before I decide.

Here's an update. 4 White Cloud Mountain Minnows added. Plant growth very good. No algae. Everything is growing in nicely.

tankupdate_zpsc7aa5e92.jpg

Back