• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
What sorted camera for me was a shed load more light.

Basically, put on shutter control at 1/100 and 800/400 ISO (depending on how good your camera is). Then pop on a tripod and bracket exposure by 1/3 stop, and take with a timer (or ideally an IR remote - the best investment I ever made). Pick the best one and repeat. Then take lots at that setting while waving card under the lights so the fishes shoal. Sorted.

If that doesn't work, you need more light, basically.

Puntius rhomboocellatus ,AKA snakeskin barbs, went in friday and are starting to get some colour back. Now just to sort the background planting...

IMG_5374_zps03f3584e.jpg

Happy Fathers Day to all you breeders out there :)

Nice!

Btw I saw some of those dwarf loaches today...£15 each!

ta, they are very similar in behaviour to pentazona's just a little different.
yeah the loaches are crazy prices... normally £17.50 at MA :eek: Managed to twist their arm somewhat... was that while shopping for stocking the dutch :)

What sorted camera for me was a shed load more light.
Basically, put on shutter control at 1/100 and 800/400 ISO (depending on how good your camera is). Then pop on a tripod and bracket exposure by 1/3 stop, and take with a timer (or ideally an IR remote - the best investment I ever made). Pick the best one and repeat. Then take lots at that setting while waving card under the lights so the fishes shoal. Sorted.
If that doesn't work, you need more light, basically.

cheers Mike, ill try that as i currently favour the twist dials and push buttons randomly approach.

This is a stunner Iain, those snakeskin barbs are top fish are they as shy as the pentazona's ? Looking forward to a fts.

Thanks tim, pretty similar to pentazonas in that they like cover and can be quite skittish when in the open. Saying that they are braver than pentazona's which could be because the school is bigger and also the loaches like to 'play' with them which keeps em on their toes.
They are certainly as greedy as pentazonas!!

Not too sure if im just unlucky but my new Aquaray controller is losing time again, not as badly but an hour a day! I think its time to explore other options.
Few images from yesterday
IMG_5380_zpsf4868632.jpg

still cant capture a FTS im happy with
IMG_5396_zps1fa830e5.jpg

Bucephalandra Malawi flowering
IMG_5400_zpsc93fcec9.jpg

Asian exception got a reprive
IMG_5410_zps225b1e06.jpg

Nice pics Iain. That's a real shame about the controller. Have you contacted TMC directly? They're normally pretty good at getting stuff sorted.

The set up looks really good, have you got any stems at the back?

Dd that bucephalandra have a flower when you got it or has it done that spontaneously? It looks stunning mate!

Nice pics Iain. That's a real shame about the controller. Have you contacted TMC directly? They're normally pretty good at getting stuff sorted.

The set up looks really good, have you got any stems at the back?

Dd that bucephalandra have a flower when you got it or has it done that spontaneously? It looks stunning mate!

The controller is very annoying, first one was losing about 4 hours a day. The retailer has been pretty good at replacing no questions, he said that TMC had never had one lose time before. No doubt he will change it again if i ask but my faith is a little tarnished now.

Cyperus helferi should arrive in the next few days so touch wood it should have something in the back very soon as it looks pretty empty at the mo.

The buce flower just popped up in the last few days, id guess its pretty common like anubias but still nice to see :joyful:

Thanks a lot for the comments Ian, the encouragement means a lot.

Love it mate !!!!
The mosses are very healthy. And the pic are superb.
Thanks for sharing
Hey Zanguli, thanks for the comments thats very kind. Its certainly the healthiest moss ive managed to keep to date just dreading trimming it which will have to happen this week i think to tidy it up a little.

It looks stunning Iain! I really like it :thumbup: also the placement in your room really does look superb.
Cheers Gary, i cant get out the front door without stopping for 15 minutes though. I've been late for everything recently lol. Now just to sort the 60 next to it and ill never leave the house :lol:

On my phone so no emoticons, but if I had them available I'd use 'mr. green' as I'm envious of this set up mate. Looks real classy and a superb journal to date. Keep up the good work, the cyperus will look great at the rear, I was thinking they may be a suitable alternative to the Blyxa too so I'd say great minds think alike ;)
The plants seem to be filling in really nice now and the moss is looking lush.
The in situ shot is amazing, you doing a wabi too?

Cheerio,
Ady.

I love that full tank shot mate and the tank from a distance. Beautiful. Its going to be a cracker (excuse the pun) when its filled in more.
Well done mate
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Many thanks al, i have a dream of tall waving grass framing lush moss..... i hope it will get there :)

On my phone so no emoticons, but if I had them available I'd use 'mr. green' as I'm envious of this set up mate. Looks real classy and a superb journal to date. Keep up the good work, the cyperus will look great at the rear, I was thinking they may be a suitable alternative to the Blyxa too so I'd say great minds think alike ;)
The plants seem to be filling in really nice now and the moss is looking lush.
The in situ shot is amazing, you doing a wabi too?
Cheerio,
Ady.

i have some :shy: very nice of you to say so mate.
That will yours and george's great minds thinking alike then as i hadnt thought of it lol... i was trying to figure out if i could use Asian stems like limnophilia.... there is a good chance that i may still try stems before the end of this scape as an experiment but cyperus is defo the right choice.

Been thinking about a wabi for a while, starting it in a propogator then moving it across to go between the tanks however most of my emersed experiments end up drying out :(

Stunning tank and very nice photos.
A project that makes me enjoy aquariums even more :)
Pedro.
Thats nice, glad it has a positive effect.

this monkey was trying to stare me down last night
IMG_5419_zps9465e55d.jpg

Don't know if anyone has kept snakeskin barbs before but I have a query... When resting around the wood they look like normal fish but when they are out swimming around they face completely head down a lot? So I had two thoughts with this, either they don't like the bright light as I don't see them doing it when lights are off or this is normal behaviour while searching for micro fauna to munch?
Any ideas peeps as it looks pretty weird lol

Back