• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Project Greenary (my 1st planted tank)

Achintya

Here i post my planted tank details.i always want to grow a bush of plants from very few plants(say 10 plants). hence it takes time to mature this tank.Plus Kolkata is a very humid place.here normal humidity is 80% plus and temperature is over 35 degree Celsius.plus i don't have chiller in my tank.

Tank Specifications:

Tank dimension: 24-15-13 (Rimless)

Substrate: ADA Amazonia 1*9 liter,sand bank in foreground

dry layout materials:horn wood,driftwood,ADA ryuoh stone(around 2.5kg)

co2: pressurized with diffuser (3-4 bps)

light: Osram 36W 8000K * 2 pll, osram 24*1 T5HO

photo period:8 hours

filtration: Eheim 2215

fertilizer: K2SO4(lab grade),ADA step2.

plants:
1. Background: didiplis diandra,rotala rotundifolia,rotala indica,rotala sp green,ludwigia aromatica

2.midground: HM,staurogyne repens tropica,ludwiga arcuata,micranthemum umbrosum,staurogyne repens 'porto velho'

3.foreground:HC

4.moss:weeping moss,peacock moss,fissidens

tank temperature:24-25 degree Celsius

fish:glow light tetra(temporarily,now taken out),otocinclus,RCS.

this tank is not ready yet to take a final photo.it will take 3-4 months more to take a shape.i got small amount of plants and increase number by cuttings.since this is my 1st planted tank so i do some permutation combination with plants.i add 1 power head to combat with algae and make a good flow in tank.

here you can see some pictures of my tank.

rcs.jpg

glowlight.jpg

pearl1.jpg

pearl2vsv.jpg

pearl3.jpg

pearl4.jpg

Great photographs.
Look forward to seeing the full tank ;)
Cheerio,
Ady.

thank you :)
wish my m.umbrossum and HC grow quickly and stem plants are ready for trimming.actually i start with 10 plants and want to make a bush of plants within 1-2 months.since this is my 1st planted tank so can't grow plants like yours.

thank you :)
wish my m.umbrossum and HC grow quickly and stem plants are ready for trimming.actually i start with 10 plants and want to make a bush of plants within 1-2 months.since this is my 1st planted tank so can't grow plants like yours.
They look pretty bushy to me! Im way past my 1st planted tank and can't get stems bushy in 1-2 years let alone months so you already beat me :)

What an amazing first attempt. It looks really great. Is that the plants pearling or have you only just flooded the tank? How about a full tank shot?

Cheers

thank you manrock.
yes it is pearling ;) ,actually pearling starts within 1.5 hours of switching on photo period of my tank and after 5 hours....you see my pictures :)

reduce co2 at 1.5 bps max from last 7 days.just curious whether still i achieve pearling to that amount like before.here's the pictures:

pearl5_zpsf5db3cc7.jpg

pearl6_zpsf4d889d8.jpg

also good thing is that this tank is slowing maturing.hopefully 1st part of this tank will complete around august.peacock moss is growing crazy.

a pearling update.photo period was taken off at 5pm and these pictures were taken at 8:30 pm.

pearl7_zps93bb8d63.jpg

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Back