• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP Inline..stupid or unlucky?

Bertie

Hi,
I seem to still be having problems with the UP Inline Atomizer. I got it to work fine for a while, and now what happens is that in the morning when the Reg comes, on I find that the Atomizer is 3/4 full with water and slows/halts the co2 injection until I drain down the hoses and empty the water out of the atomizer and then works fine until the next day.
Is it normal for the UP to fill with water like this? and am I just not leaving it long enough for the pressure to force it to work? At the moment I am leaving it for 1 hr and still nothing. I am running the reg at 2 bar.
I am getting to the stage where I may just revert back to ceramic in tank diffuser.

Yeah, you'll get better control of the c02 at 2.5 bar.
hopefully, as I have not had "proper" control over my bps since I got this reg, and it is the first adjustable working pressure one I have used.

Well the 2.5 bar seemed to make a difference, but when the co2 came on there was a loud clicking noise, accompanied by fluctuating pressure gauge? turned the pressure down to 2 bar then back up to 2.5 and the clicking disappeared!! I do not know whether the clicking and fluctuation is caused by the needle valve, pressure gauge or solenoid? The initial clicking and fluctuating pressure gauge is a worry though.

You should only adjust the working pressure when the gas is on, you may be doing this already but worth mentioning.

It's normal for the atomisers to fill a bit with water. Mine used to get about 1/3 to 1/2 full, then when the gas came on it would push some of the water back through the ceramic enough for the gas to get through, it would never be completely empty of water. This is also affected by the angle your atomiser rests, as in what angle the tubing is at.

Sorry to hijack thread, but saves staring another one.

Ive just set up a up inline diffuser. Mine fills when co2 is off. When co2 comes on it forces most of the water out then starys hissing. It seems like its letting air in. Im using jubilee clips on the filter hoses. Co2 save tubing and the up diffuser has a lock nut for the co2 tubing too. Danyone have any ideas?

Sorry to hijack thread, but saves staring another one.

Ive just set up a up inline diffuser. Mine fills when co2 is off. When co2 comes on it forces most of the water out then starys hissing. It seems like its letting air in. Im using jubilee clips on the filter hoses. Co2 save tubing and the up diffuser has a lock nut for the co2 tubing too. Danyone have any ideas?
The hissing you hear may just be the co2 diffusing, I hear a low hiss when mines on you can brush seals joints with soapy water to check for leaks or my approach was to dunk atomiser and filter hose in a bucket of water then turn co2 on to check for leaks.

Will give it ago cheers. The hissing is quite loud, if I wiggle the filter hose its goes.

No not getting any.. if I push the pipes together to stop the hissing, it slowly starts to put bubbles into the tank. Ive had look around on here, think im going to order some lst grease?. For the time being im running my intake diffuser.

Sure is, if I cant get it working well, ill be building a reactor with guidlines from your build :). Have a couple of fermentation co2 bottles lying around so will experiment with them.

The standard nuts didnt seem to grip my eheim hose very well so ive used jubilees like you . But air is still hissing.

Back