• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IM AN IDIOT (also abit of help needed)

johηski

Just tried my Regulator on an FE and it was leaking right where you fasten it, So i took it off and seen that this rubber (below) was split.
Nothing ever goes right for me :/

soooo i fired the FE without the reg on just to see what would happen. BAD IDEA!! :lol: :lol:
It came flying out of my hand, hit my leg (bruised leg now) and finaly hit the wall!!

So if your a "i wonder what would happen if i pressed this" kinda person, like me! DONT DO WHAT I JUST DONE! :lol:

Ive no idea what im gonna do now, because it leaks without the rubber in it. Any suggestions :(

Lol, thank god it was a solid wall and not a plasterboard one! :lol:

Does it have to actually be a *Co2* 'o' ring?

johηski said:
Does it have to actually be a *Co2* 'o' ring?

anything pressurised you need proper kit! what ever it requires you must get the correct replacements IMO. an open FE which isn't correctly sealed is dangerous. youve already damaged your wall, you dont want to blow it out do you? just my thoughts on the subject ;)

mark

sounds like the right thing, you need to check if its for the FE connection. i think jbl regs are for the smaller disposable bottles.

It's just an O-ring, I don't think there are special CO2-proof rubberised O-rings like that. Use a normal one and coat it in a little bit of vaseline to help keep the CO2 from it if you want to be extra-safe. You can also use plastic washers that will compress down and that's what I use on my reg. They work fine.

Oh well, if it is just a normal O ring i can probly pick a couple up tomorrow.

Leg is abit swolen now lol :lol:

Johnski, if you measure the diameter of the complete ring and the thickness of the ring "tube" I'll see what I can find in work. I'm in work now so if you post sizes I'll get back asap.

Cheers - Tim.

why do they produce co2 tubing then? i think there such a thing as co2 corrosion where certain psi pressure can cause this. thats why tubing is labelled specificly for co2 use. :rolleyes:

i might be...

mark

It looks around 20mm width and 4mm thick.

Its probly 19mm, Like the link LD posted tho. Hard to say because its not a perfect circle.

saintly said:
why do they produce co2 tubing then? i think there such a thing as co2 corrosion where certain psi pressure can cause this. thats why tubing is labelled specificly for co2 use. :rolleyes:

i might be...

mark

any airline can substand the PSI, it is just that regualr airline leaks and it can go hard & crack.

I've got a few at 3/4" (19mm) but none approaching that thickness. 2 - 3mm is about the range. I can send a range of sizes to you but you could probably get them quicker than the postman can deliver. If you want them, PM your address and I'll post them in the morning.

Good luck and wear goggles next time. :lol:

I will have a look tomoz around a few places. If i cant find anything i will drop you a pm, if thats ok teg?

Thanks alot for the help :)

Back