• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A shopping trip and an interesting sounding speaker...

LancsRick

Well I've been obsessed in DIY the last couple of months, completely rebuilding my bathroom, so my tanks have been neglected a bit. I gave them all an overhaul last weekend, and this weekend I tottered off to my (excellent) LFS, and splashed out a bit of cash...

6 Galaxy Rasboras
3 Amano shrimp
4 "luminous red" Sakura shrimp

Those are for my 30l Ebi....

3 Otocinclus
30 Glowlight Tetras

For my Rio....

Spent the afternoon drip acclimatising them, and then they all got a brine shrimp/bloodworm live food bonanza for tea. The rasboras are absolutely stunning fish, just wish they were bigger so the markings were easier to appreciate!

The other thing I spotted was the advert for my local aquarist's society convention coming up soon. Usually I don't go along, since I'm more into the scaping and plants than the fish, but this time they've got a dedicated planted tanks speaker, so I'm tempted. I've never heard of the guy though - Michael Niesar. Anyone on here familiar with him?

Place called aqua life in Leyland. They're a wonderfully deep colouring, darker shade of red than most Sakurai I've seen, but a really deep red.

Place called aqua life in Leyland. They're a wonderfully deep colouring, darker shade of red than most Sakurai I've seen, but a really deep red.
Thanks rick, well familar with the place, been visiting for many years.
Just got back, and now have a group of the Sakura on a slow drip.
cheers.:)

Cheers Darren, I found him on Google, was just wondering what else people knew about him.

Bogwood, how are the Sakura doing? Pleased with them?

Cheers Darren, I found him on Google, was just wondering what else people knew about him.

Bogwood, how are the Sakura doing? Pleased with them?
Hi.
So far so good, they seem happy exploring my new tank. And the only other occupants are armano, so nothing to worry them.
The color is very good as you say, well pleased.
Good value to, as my son saw some last week, twice as dear.
Im keeping them at 22c and TDS130. Lower than necessary, but i will be moving some CRS over, and they are my main priority.

cheers

Back