• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IM AN IDIOT (also abit of help needed)

Wolfenrook said:
For CO2 use nitrile rubber or nylon fibre O rings are usually advised. CO2 WILL eat away at normal rubber over time, plus the low temperatures involved with pressurised gases wont help either.

thanks wolfenrook, thought i was dreaming all my info. ;)

Reminds me of a stupid CO2 incident I had...

I decided to ditch having CO2 for several reasons, including never being totally happy about having pressurised gas around. Anywaaaaay... having disconnected it all I decided to empty out the remnants from the disposable bottle I'd been using. Attached the reg and just left it open in the garden to slowly leak away... took about half an hour in total, after which I grabbed the bottle to detach the regulator etc... :wideyed:

Atleast im not the only idiot then bugs :p

Managed to get some new O rings today, altho they are just normal ones.

Thanks for the help all.

;)

No worries - the bog-standard o rings are invariably nitrile so you should be home and clear for a while - whats next for you, changing light tubes under water. :lol: I dropped a lighting unit in the water once and then picked it out. Don't remember much else for the next two hours but woke up a few feet away with a very sore elbow and a lump on me noggin'. :oops: Perhaps we should start a stupid DIY accident thread! :D

Back