• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

blue crayfish

arron nolan

Seedling
Iv seen blue crayfish in my lfs and i absolutly love them! I understand that there fairly easy to keep and you musnt keep slow moving fish with them otherwise they will become dinner, i have a 14 inch sa pleco will he be ok because he doesnt move much? Manythanks

They like cooler, well aerated water. The water shouldn't be hotter than 24˚C/75˚F While primarily scavengers, they will grow to about 6 inches long so anything that can fit in their claws can be considered dinner. They will probably be fine with the plec.

Thanks for your help guys but iv decided not to get one as mafoo said they need to be kept cool and that limits what other fish i can have. manythanks

I kept one ages ago: My Blue Crayfish | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Had it on a 60l tank with an airpump and a good filter, in it kept guppies which acted like live food for the crayfish, can't keep much decor has it moves it about all the time, had to get rid of it because it dug under a rock and the rock dropped on the bottom glass and flooded the place.

Back