• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL e700

Ian Holdich

I bought this filter and have been running it on my 80cm for just over 4 months now and it has been cleaned twice now. I just wanted to share the flow rate of it (the filter hasn't been cleaned for a month), this is it at water change today. I bought the filter to replace the Hydor prime 30, which had gotten noisy. I'm just so surprised how the JBL filter has kept it's flow, it's packed with Seachem Matrix, sponge, purigen and carbon. So god knows what the flow would be like if i removed all of that. Heres a quick vid of the filter 4 months on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT4vwJ96Sa0&hd=1

The flow rate hasn't dropped a bit since i got it. It's also as quiet as a mouse. In the first vid i hadn't cleaned the spray bar.

in fact it appears to have improved! lol J/K

That's very impressive Ian.

I got a 2nd hand JBL I think it was the e900 and fitted it to the mother in law's tank and I was very impressed with it. They seem very well made filters.

Andy

JBL would be my filter of choice for my second or backup filter for sure. Im not saying they are only worthy of those roles either. Clearly they are very good filters. If I had not been fortunate enough to end up with my Eheim Pro3E then I reckon I would have gone with twin e901's. That flow is VERY VERY impressive Ian. I knew that already though. The e1500 I sold to Luis near as damnit blasted the tank into the troposphere !!!

I only use Jbl, got a e1200 and two e900. They are silent and great work horses. Even with lots of purigen on the canisters no flow drop. Amazing filters, much better than eheim in my opinion.

ghostsword said:
I only use Jbl, got a e1200 and two e900. They are silent and great work horses. Even with lots of purigen on the canisters no flow drop. Amazing filters, much better than eheim in my opinion.

Ahem, you mean an e1500 don't you ? ;)

I bought this filter and have been running it on my 80cm for just over 4 months now and it has been cleaned twice now. I just wanted to share the flow rate of it (the filter hasn't been cleaned for a month), this is it at water change today. I bought the filter to replace the Hydor prime 30, which had gotten noisy. I'm just so surprised how the JBL filter has kept it's flow, it's packed with Seachem Matrix, sponge, purigen and carbon. So god knows what the flow would be like if i removed all of that. Heres a quick vid of the filter 4 months on...

Ian

2 quick questions

What's the total tank volume of the 80cm tank you are running with the 700?
Are you still happy with the performance of the filter a year on, flow, maintenance relIability etc?

I have an 80*45*45 and potentially might upgrade this year to slightly larger (pushing over 200l) so debating the 901 or the 1501 but saw your flow on a 700......

Ian

2 quick questions

What's the total tank volume of the 80cm tank you are running with the 700?
Are you still happy with the performance of the filter a year on, flow, maintenance relIability etc?

I have an 80*45*45 and potentially might upgrade this year to slightly larger (pushing over 200l) so debating the 901 or the 1501 but saw your flow on a 700......

Hi there nduli, the tank volume was 125ltr, you'd be pushing it at 200ltr. I actually sold the filter, as I got a cheaper ehiem. Jbl are great filters though. I'd be tempted to buy a 1501 if I was you, as they have flow controls also.

I've got an e700 and two e901's here, and also own 2 eheim 2217's. I can't praise the JBL's highly enough, they're absolutely brilliant, and would be top of my list for any future purchases without a second thought.

It is good to hear as I have one ready to go. I just need to get round to planting my new tank!

I've got an e700 and two e901's here, and also own 2 eheim 2217's. I can't praise the JBL's highly enough, they're absolutely brilliant, and would be top of my list for any future purchases without a second thought.

Does the 901 have some form of flow control? - speccing out my new tank and believe my volume will not be higher than 150-160L in real terms so rather than the 1501 i was thinking of going for the smaller and cheaper 901 but wanted to know if i can haul flow back if i need to..

Ive got the e701 from new, there are no taps or devices to restrict the flow rate and Its super quiet.

Back