• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
It's a beautiful set up. That's what I want when we move house, only smaller. Can't wait to see it evolve. I'd be terrified of that light unit!
they are lovely set ups, the new ones even better imo. Oh, and i am terrified of that light, its an eye burner, i need to be careful!
I think as soon as the rocks are softened with a little moss it'll look great. They're large but the ratios are really balanced. There are some lovely Amanos from the last batch that have large mossy rocks at this sort of scale (though I don't think Seiru) and the impact is nice. They use moss and often H. Pinnifitida (or however it's spelled) but there's one with hairgrass Parvula growing in aqua soil near the top and it sends runners cascading down the side, which is a lovely effect.
thanks Joel, Amano has done some very nice island scapes, and has inspired me.

020.jpg

Wow mate that is stunning. .. I too thought oh no spraying the cabinet black?? But it looks fantastic and the hardscape is beautiful and really bold. I love the chunky wood.
Like george said the sand compliments the stone so well. Your scaping skills are second to none.

Exciting stuff Im really looking forward to this mate. No pressure :lol:
Cheers Alastair, thanks for the really positive feedback :happy:
Black is a bit safe, but wont detract from the scape now though :p
It looks great Ady! You have done a cracking job on changing the colour of the unit (I know where to come for car work now lol) the scape is superb and I will be looking forward to more updates - well done.
Again, many thanks Gary...trick is not to bump the car, its cheaper that way ;)

Cheerio

I think it looks pretty awesome. The way the rocks are arranged gives the natural impression a single outcrop. Whether the large "Oyaishi" type stone is partially covered in plants or not the balance works well. The wood is well chosen and well placed too. It appears to be the skeletal remains of some sort of woody vegetation that once thrived in a semi-arid climate, but has since died:dead: following desertification and is now awaiting inundation during the Monssono_O

Ain't global warming a bitch!...it plays havoc with your hair and the climate:rolleyes:

In other words, I think the hardscape tells a convincing story...and I'm looking forward to the next chapter, the one when it's flooded and planted.

I think it looks pretty awesome. The way the rocks are arranged gives the natural impression a single outcrop. Whether the large "Oyaishi" type stone is partially covered in plants or not the balance works well. The wood is well chosen and well placed too. It appears to be the skeletal remains of some sort of woody vegetation that once thrived in a semi-arid climate, but has since died:dead: following desertification and is now awaiting inundation during the Monssono_O

Ain't global warming a bitch!...it plays havoc with your hair and the climate:rolleyes:

In other words, I think the hardscape tells a convincing story...and I'm looking forward to the next chapter, the one when it's flooded and planted.
Many thanks Troi, you've convinced me too! :)

Hi Ady
Sorry if I missed this earlier on, but I was wondering what fauna will be going in this lovely tank? I always like to know that sort of thing!:)
Well, plans were for perhaps nice shoal of deep bodied tetras, bentosi perhaps, but will wait and see how it feels and settles when planted. Shrimp of some kind to keep the moss clean, likely amanos and sakuras as the water chemistry won't be compatible with the hundreds of CRS I already have!!
Cheerio
Ady

In my considered opinion as an expert aquascaper (yes, that was sarcasm, and you can pick yourself up off the floor now :p) - would a scape like that not better suit a larger shoal of smaller fish instead of a deep bodied fish like that? I can just see a great sense of scale being achieved by small fish nipping between the wooden "spokes", and flitting in front of the foreground moss etc. Maybe a consideration would be to get a fish that prefers higher water in the tank, to make the most of the open space at top?

Wow, that hardscape is gorgeous! This is going to look amazing.

This is really nice, the sand with the island works very nicely.. watching with huge interest.

Need to get my a** in gear and sort my tmc out!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

In my considered opinion as an expert aquascaper (yes, that was sarcasm, and you can pick yourself up off the floor now :p) - would a scape like that not better suit a larger shoal of smaller fish instead of a deep bodied fish like that? I can just see a great sense of scale being achieved by small fish nipping between the wooden "spokes", and flitting in front of the foreground moss etc. Maybe a consideration would be to get a fish that prefers higher water in the tank, to make the most of the open space at top?
yep, valid point Rick, the original plan was deep bodied tetras, George already suggested Sawba Resplendens, so ill have to further consider stocking...wont know for sure until its planted and i have an idea of where the TDS will settle.
Stunning... got a LOT of potential in it, good luck choosing proper plants, not to destroy this minimalism masterpiece. ;)
Thanks xtevo, yeah i thought it may be simple choosing the plants, but i havnt fully settled on a vision yet.
Ady, love the look, really interested to see this developed. Subscribed
Thanks mate, how are your shrimp doing? need an update...
Now that's a paint job.
my Dads a hero!
This is really nice, the sand with the island works very nicely.. watching with huge interest.

Need to get my a** in gear and sort my tmc out!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Thank you, an island scape was on my list of things to do, never used a sand only substrate so with a mainly epiphtye plant plan i thought id try that too.....well that and the sand came with the tank :p

Enjoy setting up your Signature tank :thumbup:
I am not sure the way they connected everything but there may be 2 ballasts.
Id maybe have to take it apart to see.....unless you know a man who may know?

Cheerio,

Daaaaaaaamnnnn !!!! :wideyed: That is one sweet cabinet, tank,.hardscape,etc etc. I don't know where to begin. Awesome Ady !!!! Needless to say that you've got me sitting in the front seat.This is going to be a heck of a ride!!! Buckled up & all set to go !!!
sorry Faizal, i missed your comment somehow :banghead:
Thanks for the interest, im sure there will be a few ups and downs along the way!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady, you've got some great aquarium getting out of there.
I really enjoyed your layout and the in situ photo is quite lovely.

Rocks are great and the wood makes a huge contrast and great companion to the stones.

One journal to follow and be inspired.

Don't really know what else to say... congratulations.

wow ady :clap: you know I loved your studio tank but this is something else this is amazing great layout with seiryu and the wood and love the island layout, plenty time for all the decisions for fish stocking just enjoy the setup and panting as this is going to look great Really looking forward to watching this one and watching it evolve may I ask what happened to your studio u take it down ? wish I purchased a bigger aquarium to start like everyone said :( might start looking at second hand ones ;) anyway keep us updated at every point as so much to learn from you, an inspirational tank and watching closely

Thanks Dean

I've copied this into my inspiration folder it's a lovely scape one day I hope to have simular in my tank
That is very nice to hear Ian and a great compliment that my hardscape inspires others :thumbup:
Ady, you've got some great aquarium getting out of there.
I really enjoyed your layout and the in situ photo is quite lovely.

Rocks are great and the wood makes a huge contrast and great companion to the stones.

One journal to follow and be inspired.

Don't really know what else to say... congratulations.
Thank you also Pedro, again very kind words, i have enjoyed your journals very much.
Heres an in situ with hardscape in

9s6n.jpg

Stunning hardscape mate, really amazing. Would suit epiphytes perfectly. Can't wait to see it full.

Don't change the scape! :lol:
Ha, cheers, i wont change it too much, i tried adding some different driftwood pieces at the left, i took photos but theyre too big to upload to imageshack so need to resize them, ill pop them up sometime, but overall im quite happy with it too.

wow ady :clap: you know I loved your studio tank but this is something else this is amazing great layout with seiryu and the wood and love the island layout, plenty time for all the decisions for fish stocking just enjoy the setup and panting as this is going to look great Really looking forward to watching this one and watching it evolve may I ask what happened to your studio u take it down ? wish I purchased a bigger aquarium to start like everyone said :( might start looking at second hand ones ;) anyway keep us updated at every point as so much to learn from you, an inspirational tank and watching closely

Thanks Dean
Thanks, your comments are always appreciated Dean, and your right, plenty of time for stocking decisions, a lot of work to do before then :thumbup:
The studio tank is still running, i just moved it to the other side of the room, ill be taking it down when i plant this one and long term plan is to set it up as a marine tank.

heres a few more shots from different angles and a few detail shots of the seiryu and sand

fm50.jpg

1d97.jpg

78kr.jpg

Detail:
obb6.jpg

Detail:
3ucf.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

sorry Faizal, i missed your comment somehow :banghead:
Thanks for the interest, im sure there will be a few ups and downs along the way!
Cheerio,
Ady.
No need to Ady.:) I am just so happy to see you work your next level,...you are a natural & one of the best aquascapers here in my book. Your posts are so down to earth & practical. I am just happy i get to enjoy the ride with you just like everyone else here.

I love the rock formations & the energy you've spent on creating all those details ( like those little caves & little sandy coves). This is going to be epic.

Back