• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

p@h 30cm, Dragonstone Iwagumi attempt (DSM) Now Flooded

Gorgeous looking tank, and making me seriously consider ripping down my "storage" 20cm p@h tank and giving a dry start a go with it. Talk about the definition of "verdant green".

Smart tank , looks like you've encountered no problems . I'm sure many are envious of your experience :)

thanks, i would say its down to the quality of the plants tropica have come up with. to be honest i havent put much effort in the tank, planted it then left it covered misted it every few days and it grew. the s.repens went a bit leggy since flooding as i need a needle valve to sort the gas properly. Needs sorting soon before get issues but other than that fingers crossed its be all good so far.

Sounds good .
Did you leave a gap in the top whilst in dsm ?? I'm currently misting twice a day purely the fact that the staurogyne leaves are not moist , is this a sign that they need misting ?? Tank is still above 90% humidity .
I started dsm 5 days ago and growth has been crazy in the hc and staurogyne and the hair grass has rooted down nicely so I'm hoping will go smoothly for me to (touch wood) ,
Good luck anyways :)

nope was air tight with cling film, tank looked steamy and mositure on sides. misted it as and when i remembered few days at time. my styro had dry leaves. no idea wat temp or humidity was. as said hardly any effort went in, the plants are just top quality.

Ahhh ok cool , do you think having the co2 in there made a noticeable difference?

what before it was flooded? if so i got bored after a few days and gave up ha

thanks George, see a few problems sneaking in that need to be sorted but fingers crossed as this is my 1st tank thats worked and im happy with :)

It all looks so healthy, I struggled to get my hc to look so crisp. Its so green it makes me want to eat it, forget about brocilli, i'd rather steamed hc;)

had a few problems after such a good start, mainly brown algae down to new setup and still waiting for a needle valve to turn up so fluctuating co2 levels. gave the tank a heavy prune and a clean so hope it will stay at bay. Hairgrass has grown in now, styro needs cutting back constanly and HC has formed a nice thick carpet, must have cut a good cm or two off today.

rubbish pic on phone, will try with better camera later on :)

9445804837_10ce59158c_c.jpg
Untitled by mattt4985, on Flickr

lovely tank, and lovely green and I too am envious of ur experience hopefully stays trouble free or close enough, I am sick of battling algae

Thanks dean

Back