• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ceratopteris thalictroides an annual plant?

Michael W

I have kept Water Sprite in the past and it did well for half a year or so and then it started dying. I knew the dying leaves would have likely produced new plants and kept them in a bucket but it was thrown away while I was at school... So I wasn't able to keep more of 'em until recently. After some reading around I have read that they are annual plants. I just want some confirmation on this from some of you guys who may have kept them longer than I have.

Thanks,

Michael.

It will live longer than a year, but it usually gets coarse and straggly after three or four years, so it's best to grow on some of the babies to replace the original. I just threw some out the other day for that reason, they were mostly thick tough stems in the water column and the fronds floating in the surface, so not great to look at. I replaced them with some young ones that reach about half way to the surface, which should look OK for a year or so, then it's replacement time again. :)
hth

Back